First Tracker Make Over

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Time to redo my first tracker. Plans are to install the 750 kit I`ve been sitting on, Convert to electric start, Make under seat electronics tray and rewire entire bike, Remove the flat slide carbs and replace with VM34`s, New pipes, Front brake, New timing chain-cam-springs-guide etc, and the other 1,000`s of things I`m sure I`ll think of before it`s done.:shootme:
XS`s 031-001.JPG

I like the idea of the mag but it looks like it's right where my left knee wants to be. I've had Harleys that put the carburetor /throttle body/air cleaner right where my right knee wants to be. Every now and then you just gotta hug the tank.

Did you drill/dimple the oil filter cooler??
Yes I did. I`m finding a lot of things I don`t like. I was going to replace the Cheney tree`s with some Betor forks but the tire size is a real problem. Converting the front wheel over to disc brakes is mega bucks (about $1500) so that`s out of the question. Looks like my $1.000 makeover budget is in the tank and I haven`t even got it apart yet.:doh: I should have restored the Cushman.:thumbsup:

All those high dollar parts and RFY shocks? :umm:
The shocks really suck. Mushy to say the least. I think the Air canister is just for show and nonfunctional. I passed on a pair of NOS Red Wing Hammerheads last winter because they were 310mm. Too short. I`d really like to find some 340mm Hammerheads.:thumbsup: Worx has some custom built vintage dirt track shocks for a meager $1200. I`m positive that`s not going to happen.:yikes: I put the RFY shocks on when I took it to the KCVJMC show last summer. Those are 320mm and I do want a little longer shock.

Time to redo my first tracker. Plans are to install the 750 kit I`ve been sitting on, Convert to electric start, Make under seat electronics tray and rewire entire bike, Remove the flat slide carbs and replace with VM34`s, New pipes, Front brake, New timing chain-cam-springs-guide etc, and the other 1,000`s of things I`m sure I`ll think of before it`s done.:shootme:
View attachment 216485
Any reason you are replacing the flatslides?

The shocks really suck. Mushy to say the least. I think the Air canister is just for show and nonfunctional. I passed on a pair of NOS Red Wing Hammerheads last winter because they were 310mm. Too short. I`d really like to find some 340mm Hammerheads.:thumbsup: Worx has some custom built vintage dirt track shocks for a meager $1200. I`m positive that`s not going to happen.:yikes: I put the RFY shocks on when I took it to the KCVJMC show last summer. Those are 320mm and I do want a little longer shock.

https://www.kemotorsports.com/product/cr-suspension-gs03-shocks/

Back