Flasher dilemma

Yes use the

Yes use the DC V --Volt
I don't measure current on a Motorcycle
It looks at the bottom of the meter -- that the left most connecting hole is used for that.
and 10 A can be low perhaps --- my Main fuse is 20 A on a 1980.
And as mentioned above the Current measurement is done by opening the circuit and have the meter in series
If get it wrong there is fireworks and smoke
Whereas Voltage is parallel
It is less risky measure Voltage

Perhaps that is a help please google if uncertain
https://www.dewetron.com/2022/07/how-to-measure-current-and-voltage/

But put it on DC V and test it on a Flashlight battery you'll get it right
That's great. Thank you. On my 1978 XS the main power fuse is 20 amps and the others are all 10 amps. I will test on a flashlight battery.
Did this happen on it's own or after you did some work on the bike? Like maybe installing led bulbs in the turn si

That's great. Thank you. On my 1978 XS the main power fuse is 20 amps and the others are all 10 amps. I will test on a flashlight battery.
The problem happened after I disconnected the front turn signals to re locate them. I marked the wires (1-1 2-2 etc ) as I disconnected them so as to not re connect improperly.

Yes use the

Yes use the DC V --Volt
I don't measure current on a Motorcycle
It looks at the bottom of the meter -- that the left most connecting hole is used for that.
and 10 A can be low perhaps --- my Main fuse is 20 A on a 1980.
And as mentioned above the Current measurement is done by opening the circuit and have the meter in series
If get it wrong there is fireworks and smoke
Whereas Voltage is parallel
It is less risky measure Voltage

Perhaps that is a help please google if uncertain
https://www.dewetron.com/2022/07/how-to-measure-current-and-voltage/

But put it on DC V and test it on a Flashlight battery you'll get it right
thank you for the link. Take care. Bill

Back