1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Free - Floating Tool(s)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Halloweenie, Aug 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Gcraay

Gcraay XS650 Addict

Looking for a stud puller for the engine case studs. I need to transfer two of the long ones to a good case, but can't get them out.
    Out in Indiana, any body got one?
    One like the one pictured would be nice. It fits to the base, and won't bend the stud.

Attached Files:

2. I don't use a stud puller and never broke one.
    Here is what I have found works for me.
    I use two nuts with a locking washer in between them and use a electric impact gun and hit it a couple times and they spin out. I spin the nuts down as low as I can on the stud and if I have one that doesn't come out easy I hit it at the base with a little heat.. I tried a couple stud pullers but they tend to slip and make marks on the stud. A couple ZAP ZAP ZAP with the gun and I never had a problem. You have to watch using air impact guns because some a very strong and will twist the stud. If you don't have one or know someone I have rented one from HOMEDEPO before too. I bought two from Harbor Freight and they work well.

3. I actually have one of those tools at work and didn't know wtf it was. I also agree with DaddyG, always used jam nuts, work on 70 year old studs all the time and never broke one.

4. Gcraay

Gcraay XS650 Addict

I just got some blue lock tight, and will try the gun, I have on, and everyone should have one in their tool box, they are great. I'll try that out, thanks. :thumbsup:

5. Who has the rotor puller? Just ordered my HHB PMA, could really use it... PM'd Benjamin (last confirmed person to have it), no response.

Thanks!
    Adam

6. Gcraay

Gcraay XS650 Addict

I thought he sent you one whith the order. I just 10 sec ago ordered the complete PMA kit and it said he had a puller in the order. But sometimes he may be out of stock.

7. Gcraay

Gcraay XS650 Addict

I used a pully puller from autozone. Free tools rental. That sucker popped off and flew across the table, but it worked.

8. figure8

figure8 XS650 Guru

You will get a puller from Hugh. It's not designed for the oem rotor though.

9. So... the rotor puller has disappeared. Looks like Benjamin had it last... hopefully he gets back to my PM soon.

10. figure8

figure8 XS650 Guru

Maybe you could get his email from Travis. Seems like some people go awhile from here for awhile.

11. The rotor puller has been found. Got a PM from Benjamin today asking for my address. Let me know who needs it next!

12. cbrrudy

cbrrudy XS650 Renegade

I need to use the rotor puller when it is available. Thanks

13. Got the puller - thanks Benjamin.

I still haven't even received a shipping notification for my PMA from Hugh's Hand Built, which I ordered over a week ago. Great service from the worshipped Hugh. Hopefully I'll get that someday, at which point I will use the puller to swap out in my new charging system, and pass it along. I'll keep you posted.

14. Tracking number kicked in yesterday - It's going to be another 7 days before the PMA gets here. Yay.

15. cbrrudy

cbrrudy XS650 Renegade

I am finished with the rotor puller. Let me know who need it next. Thanks Hugh!

Posted via Mobile

16. figure8

figure8 XS650 Guru

I'll take it, pm me for address please.

17. xlr8tn

xlr8tn XS650 Enthusiast

Might I borrow the rotor puller?

-Brent

18. figure8

figure8 XS650 Guru

I just got it in the mail today, give me a couple days please.

19. toddseventy9

toddseventy9 XS650 Member

Love this! I'm in Portland and I'll definitely be using this. This is just fantastic.

20. xlr8tn

xlr8tn XS650 Enthusiast

Still waiting on it ... figure8 borrowed for a friend, and it's in limbo. It's been over a month since I last contacted him, let's hope they get it out because I've already spent too much on tools.

-Brent