For Sale - For Sale - 1972 XS650 - XS2 (torn down)

SkavenDC

Just Some Guy With a Bike
Reaction score
Selling my mostly complete 1972 XS-650. I’ll get the finer point out of the way first in case you don’t want to read all this.
  • Bike is sold as-is.
  • Bike is completely apart. No two pieces are touching each other.
  • Bike is mostly complete. I sold the side covers but (most) everything else is there. I cannot say if there is anything missing. Everything I had I believe I still have.
  • Extra parts are included.
  • Bike is for local pick-up only. Frederick, Maryland.
  • Bike is sold as a whole. I am not entertaining parting it out at the moment.
  • Asking $1,000 or any reasonable offer.
Since acquiring the bike, some found issues have slowed my progress and then some serious life happened. It is in a garage now but previously the frame was kept outside in a not-so-well-built shed. The intent was to do a custom ground-built café racer out of it. I wanted to learn something on the way. That is why it is completely town down. Frame issues caused me to rethink and go hard tail. Decided to roll back to café and then life got in the way.

Title is clean and in my name. It is currently not registered as it hasn’t been on the road is quite some time. Frame is damaged where the swingarm attaches. I have no idea what its’s called, but the triangular plate (gusset???) on the left side when the swingarm bolt goes through was broken off the frame when I bought it. A member tried to help me weld it back on (which was wonderful) but I neglected to bring a swingarm bolt with me and we didn’t have a jig so the hold does not line up with the right side. It could be taken off and welded back in-line and straight or cut off and hard-tail.

I have other parts to go with it, including (but not limited to):

Extra XS parts
Front forks – XS1100
Swingarm – TX750
Hugh’s Handbuild PMA goodness
21” 36 spoke Akront front rim
Haynes manual (if I can find it)
Free coating of sawdust (1/2 my garage is a woodshop) but I will blow everything off the best I can

Attachments

• picture1.jpeg
    picture1.jpeg
    436.4 KB · Views: 145
  • picture2.jpeg
    picture2.jpeg
    462.8 KB · Views: 147
  • picture3.jpeg
    picture3.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 142
  • picture4.jpeg
    picture4.jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 146
  • picture5.jpeg
    picture5.jpeg
    461.1 KB · Views: 129
  • picture6.jpeg
    picture6.jpeg
    460 KB · Views: 129
  • picture7.jpeg
    picture7.jpeg
    482.2 KB · Views: 124
  • picture8.jpeg
    picture8.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 130
  • picture9.jpeg
    picture9.jpeg
    469.5 KB · Views: 125
  • picture10.jpeg
    picture10.jpeg
    414.5 KB · Views: 128
  • picture11.jpeg
    picture11.jpeg
    417 KB · Views: 127
  • picture12.jpeg
    picture12.jpeg
    387.1 KB · Views: 129
  • picture13.jpeg
    picture13.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 129
  • picture14.jpeg
    picture14.jpeg
    381.6 KB · Views: 128
  • picture15.jpeg
    picture15.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 140
Selling my mostly complete 1972 XS-650. I’ll get the finer point out of the way first in case you don’t want to read all this.
  • Bike is sold as-is.
  • Bike is completely apart. No two pieces are touching each other.
  • Bike is mostly complete. I sold the side covers but (most) everything else is there. I cannot say if there is anything missing. Everything I had I believe I still have.
  • Extra parts are included.
  • Bike is for local pick-up only. Frederick, Maryland.
  • Bike is sold as a whole. I am not entertaining parting it out at the moment.
  • Asking $1,000 or any reasonable offer.
Since acquiring the bike, some found issues have slowed my progress and then some serious life happened. It is in a garage now but previously the frame was kept outside in a not-so-well-built shed. The intent was to do a custom ground-built café racer out of it. I wanted to learn something on the way. That is why it is completely town down. Frame issues caused me to rethink and go hard tail. Decided to roll back to café and then life got in the way.

Title is clean and in my name. It is currently not registered as it hasn’t been on the road is quite some time. Frame is damaged where the swingarm attaches. I have no idea what its’s called, but the triangular plate (gusset???) on the left side when the swingarm bolt goes through was broken off the frame when I bought it. A member tried to help me weld it back on (which was wonderful) but I neglected to bring a swingarm bolt with me and we didn’t have a jig so the hold does not line up with the right side. It could be taken off and welded back in-line and straight or cut off and hard-tail.

I have other parts to go with it, including (but not limited to):

Extra XS parts
Front forks – XS1100
Swingarm – TX750
Hugh’s Handbuild PMA goodness
21” 36 spoke Akront front rim
Haynes manual (if I can find it)
Free coating of sawdust (1/2 my garage is a woodshop) but I will blow everything off the best I can
If you still have the points/ignition plate, I'll buy it off you! :)