For those in the US on Memorial Day

Wordman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
For Memorial Day...

They stood for freedom in their own homeland at places like Lexington - Concord -New Orleans - Fort McHenry - Fort Sumter - Gettysburg - Antietam - Athens, TN.

They traveled to stand at Tripoli - Algiers - Ypres- the Marne - North Africa - Sicily - Salerno - Anzio - Monte Cassino - Normandy - Falaise - the Hürtgen Forest - the Ardennes - Strasbourg - Pusan - Inchon - Seoul - Kaesong - Dong Nam Bo - Phuoc Long - Laos - Haiphong - Saigon - Grenada - Kuwait - Iraq - Saudi Arabia - Afghanistan.

They sailed on the Constellation - the Constitution - the Enterprise - the United States - the Monitor - the General Grant - the Pensacola - the Maine - the Texas - the Maryland - the Snapper - the Thrasher - the Arizona - the Bismarck Sea - the Columbia - the Yorktown - the Wasp - the Hornet - the Albacore - the Sea Fox - the Thresher - the Scorpion - the Maddox - the Pueblo.

They flew the Curtiss PN1 - the Aeromarine PG1 - the Curtiss A12 Shrike - the Curtiss B2 Condor - the Boeing B17 Flying Fortress - the Consolidated B24 Liberator - the North American B25 Mitchell - the Curtiss P40 Warhawk - the Republic P47 Thunderbolt - The North American P51 Mustang - the Lockheed F80 Shooting Star - the North American F86 Sabre - the Vought A-7 Corsair II - the Sikorsky HH-3E Jolly Green Giant - the Bell UH-1 Iroquois - the McDonnell Douglas F15 Eagle - the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon - the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk.

They walked hundreds of miles, rode on horses and in carts, drove Jeeps, tanks, and Humvees.

They answered the call to stand in conflict against those who would do our country and its citizens harm, and died in that service.

And for these men and women who left their lives on battlefields all around the world; and to all their fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, wives, husbands, and children, I stand this day in salute. I have not the words to properly demonstrate my appreciation for the sacrifices that have been made in my name, and I pray that I might live my life in a way that ensures none of these are ever in vain.

1685396034675.png

Back