Fork bushing wear?

Perhaps search for bushing clearance specs for other Ceriani (any brand for that matter) and see if you can duplicate the lower ID to bush clearance given.:shrug:

I've just tried searching for the thread which says which bushes to use but my eyes are starting to ache 😄..I've been looking at a screen most of the day...here is a pic of my actual forks...meanwhile I will keep searching..I want to keep these as I love the look not to mention all the work involved in changing them..
Screenshot_20220814-182923_Samsung Notes.jpg

That is different. I reckon that #25 is the plastic spacer you spoke of. So, suggestion, measure the OD of #6 & #14 (2) when installed on the upper tube. Measure ID of fork lower. That'll give you the clearance currently. Good digital or dial calipers may suffice, "the book" (we wish) may use micrometers for measurement

From that description it sounds, to me, as if they are referring to the unnumbered bushing shown in the diagram I found going into the lower (heating leg, pressing with seal driver). The filing recommendation, I'd guess, refers to the split bushing end-gaps that fit over upper tube: to obtain proper clearance with "slightly tighter fitting" new bushing. If so, that's promising.

Hi guys...So,today I recieved another set of top bushes for the forks from a company who do nothing but bushes for motorcycles...I require 4 top bushes as each fork uses 2 up top,in fact I received 8 in total as I thought I was buying individual pieces but it turns out they come in pairs so although I put 4 in the basket,we'll you get the drift..
Anyway,I did what another company suggested and I carefully removed a very small amount from the bush so it could close up slightly more just as you would with piston rings.I then had to improvise with a cable tie to get the newly trimmed bush to push into the lower leg...it worked a treat and so did the second one...it was immediately apparent that this mod had worked..happy days,no more play....
The second leg wasn't quite as good as it still had a very small amount of side to side but no way near as much..mind you it was only when the leg was fully extended and improved the more the stanchion was inserted I to the leg...

The jobs not quite finished yet as I need to get some fresh oil and replace the worn out seal retaining clips but I think the forks are saved which is nice 😁..a few pics during the job and do not worry,the hammers are there simply for comic effect 😆..the sock,however,is and ideal tool for cleaning fork tubes inside!

20220818_173846.jpg20220818_174639.jpg20220818_175138.jpg20220818_175703.jpg

I used motorcyclesolutions.co.uk for mine.Their site goes by bush size as opposed to make and model and are pretty good price wise too.

Back