Fork mounted speedo

tidd1340

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Saw one on another members bike here.Was wondering if anyone else has done this. Using a 19" spoked alloy up front.

Attachments

• 4019186293_30cb4a53c9.jpg
    4019186293_30cb4a53c9.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
A local speedometer shop can make any cable you like but seriously, a speedometer that requires you to look at the ground to see it seems like a very good way to get killed. Put your speedometer in your saddlebag where it won't get dinged up from the rocks. I mean, it's not like you'll actually look at it way down there, might as well protect the chrome.

How often do you look at your speedo? All i need is something for a mileage reference and a quick look to see what mph im at when i hit a speedzone.This is for a bratstyle bike that will see limited riding to cruise nights/bar hopper.Looks like a cool set-up to me.

How often do you look at your speedo? All i need is something for a mileage reference and a quick look to see what mph im at when i hit a speedzone.This is for a bratstyle bike that will see limited riding to cruise nights/bar hopper.Looks like a cool set-up to me.

Think about it guys and gals: Most of you rarely look at your speedometer except when you're going really, really fast. And really, really fast is not the time to be looking below the horizon while trying to focus on a tiny dial that was designed to be read inches from you face instead of several feet away. When speedometers 12-15" in diameter start appearing on motorcycles I'll consider it then. NOT!

But hey, it's your bike and your money... Have fun. :bike:

If it is anything like my speedo the needle bounces and I could be at 80kph or 95kph, hate to be trying to figure it out and get a decent read while looking to the axle. In fact I don't think I could see the speedo from riding position if it was mounted there even stationary. The tank bars etc would block the view.

Back