Formula 1 Fans?

Good point, I meant McLaren. Although, I think the orange Verstappen fans have even more to be happy about!

Enjoyed yesterdays race, happy for Max, well deserved win. The rain always makes for entertainment, and it did. Feel bad for Botas and Russell, coming together like that was unfortunate. Who was to blame, neither, just a racing accident I reckon. But it changed the race outcome completely. Hammy was way down after his mistake and going off into the gravel. Stopping the race allowed him to pull back that minute or so without having to work at it. I reckon he has a rabbits foot firmly stuck up his butt, lucky guy, once again. Perez had another brain fart, passing cars under yellow and not giving the places back. Lando driver of the day for sure and a good result for McLaren. I think this season should be a decent one, well, here's hoping.

:lmao: I agree he was very fortunate to have some time to cool off after that. The guy makes so few mistakes, he seems to take it pretty hard when he does. No surprise he has achieved the level of success that he has...

Hopefully Perez can get with the program. I was really excited when he out qualified Max. As much as I like Verstappen, the guy has had it too easy in the teammate department. He (and RedBull) need someone who is going to push him.

F1 coming to Miami in 2022 with a brand-new track! Turn 17 looks like it will be interesting...

formula-1-news-2021-miami-circ-2.jpg

Portugal this weekend!

Russell did a great job, would expect nothing less from Mr. Saturday. One of these days he is going to get a faster car (hopefully) and will be a force to be reckoned with. I hope Norris is in that mix, he killed it in qualifying.

Was happy to see Seb out qualify Stroll, the guy needed a break. Glad Perez mostly kept up with Max. Excited to see the race tomorrow... I wonder if that wind will stick around? It really seemed to throw everyone for a loop. That, and, track limits actually being enforced.

Russell has always impressed me and would love to see Williams find the thread. I wondered if it was a driver problem for them but George sure blew that theory to hell in Hamilton's seat. Don't want to see Serb go out on a whimper so glad to see some spark there. Same with Daniel. Stroll seems to be such a spoiled brat in daddy's car. Turn one is going to be fun. I think the dutchman's elbows were a little sharp last time out so that first lap with 44 might get interesting to watch. I think Hamilton's plan should be to let him go and work on the undercut.

This Track looks a lot like my model motoring track when I was a kid. Long strait with a serpentine back to the start.

It is a beautiful course. I love the elevation changes.
Me too. That nose cam video really gives you a sense of the elevation.

I'm not sure where Mercedes found their extra pace, but I cannot say that I am surprised by it. That being said, I am so happy to Red Bull is hanging on, hopefully that will continue throughout the rest of the season. The sheer skill of Verstappen and Hamilton never ceases to amaze me - it really does seem like they are in a league of their own. They are both able to take immediate advantage of the slightest error. Too bad they are not teammates!

Another very impressive drive from Norris, he is five points ahead of Bottas right now! Zak Brown must be having a cow. Leclerc is also putting up a hell of a fight and it really winning me over. Things are not looking so good for Vettel...

Spanish Grand Prix next weekend. Lewis has won this the past four years so Red Bull has some work to do...

I cannot believe that Red Bull thought they could run 40+ laps on that set of mediums... on a track that eats tires for breakfast. I heard in the commentary that Haas tried a similar stunt and only got to 37 laps. The fact that Haas thought this was a good idea should have set off alarm bells in the Red Bull paddock. Hungary 2019 all over again.

Excellent performance from Mercedes and Hamilton. They deserved every bit of that win, as much as it pains me to say that!

Lewis is a bit of a winning machine just now.

I would love to see things a bit closer between the teams. And drivers. But you can't take it away from Hamilton, he deserves the results with the amount of effort and commitment he shows. I mean, Bottas is a really good driver, as well as being a thoroughly nice chap, he's so fast on Saturdays and he's in the right car but in the end Lewis is consistently just that tiny, vital fraction quicker.

Yep, two boring races, both Portugal and Barcelona were a big yawn. My wife got up and said “I’ve had enough of this crap” and left the room, with 15 laps to go. I think F1 is completely fu**)d right now, and can’t seem to get their act together, or does Merc have control of everything. Maybe. Anyway, RB blew it by not bringing Max in for tires, obvious to all watching around the world, except RB. But hats off to Merc and Hammy, great strategy, and a wonderful drive. Just need to figure what’s up with Bottas, race pace is off this season,why. And then there is Checo, will he get up to speed soon, or is it the curse of car two, again. To me the surprise has been Renault, with Ocon and Alonso doing well. A change of name, and dumping Cyril must have worked out ok. Lots of races to go yet, so anything can change.

two boring races
Yeah. Thank goodness Max is there, at least the first turn was interesting. You are right that Bottas certainly can't bring it to the table. The one person who really should be able to.

Hopefully it gets tighter as the season goes on. I feel like RB is off to a better start than in previous seasons. While somewhat predictable, I am still having fun with it!

If nothing else, fingers crossed for the major changes planned in 2022. I'm curious, you longtime fans, how have previous extreme changes in the "formula" panned out? Isn't that the most likely time to see a big shift in the status quo?

Man... what a race yesterday! F1 can be boring, but when it is good, it is very good!

I am over the moon for Checo, so good to see him get some confidence with the car and end up on the top spot of the podium. Even happier for Red Bull, it looks like they finally have found a suitable team mate for Max. Poor, poor Max, that one had to hurt! I was straight up shouting at the TV when that tire gave out. That evolved into yelling and banging when #44 lost it on the restart. How fortunate (for the championship) that Lewis accidently hit that brake balance button.

Also very glad to see Seb and Gasly get on the podium, they both had great races. A shame that Leclerc did not finish better. One day Ferrari will get their act together and he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Curious to see what Pirelli has to say about the tires... I see on the news today they are blaming those blowouts on debris, but everyone seemed pretty confident at the race that those were structural failures.

Crazy that Bottas is not even in the top 5, he was clearly out of the game yesterday. Maybe about time for Russell to have a turn with that Mercedes?
upload_2021-6-7_8-41-58.png

The thing that will have the Powers that Be in F1 worried is two tyre blow-outs at 200+ mph. That ain't supposed to happen. Luck only that nobody was hurt or worse. Sure to be an enquiry and recommendations. Possibly some acceptance of responsibility by Pirelli?

Possibly some acceptance of responsibility by Pirelli?
Unfortunately, I don't think there is any chance of this happening. I would like to see an independent lab take a look at those tires, but dollars to donuts they are headed straight to the Pirelli lab. Tell me how debris can cut a sidewall? And, if there was all this debris, how did 20 cars manage to drive over it 40+ times without issue?

Back