Formula 1 Fans?

As the late, great Murray Walker always used to say 'This is F1, anything can happen, and usually does!'
That has rarely be so true!

Very controversial race but I'm not getting into that - many people's opinions will depend on who they supported anyway.

Amazing to see that the whole 22-race season come down to a 1-lap sprint race in the end. Toto Wolff was apoplectic but Hamilton accepted losing with much better grace. For me the best moments were Lewis and Max and their fathers after the race - good sportsmanship. Because when all is said and done, it's a sport.

That has rarely be so true!

Very controversial race but I'm not getting into that - many people's opinions will depend on who they supported anyway.

Amazing to see that the whole 22-race season come down to a 1-lap sprint race in the end. Toto Wolff was apoplectic but Hamilton accepted losing with much better grace. For me the best moments were Lewis and Max and their fathers after the race - good sportsmanship. Because when all is said and done, it's a sport.
Well said! Little did we know how prophetic you pre-race comment was going to be! Whatever the outcome, there were going to be some big emotions yesterday. I can't imagine the pressure that Lewis and Max were under...

I have really enjoyed this thread over the season. I don't know many people who keep up with F1, so this has been a nice way to discuss and learn some new perspectives. I hope we can keep it going into the 2022 season!

I hope we can keep it going into the 2022 season!

Hope so too.

Forgot to mention David Coulthard's pre-race comment. Not an exact quote but he said something like, it's been a belter of a season and now it has come down to one race. We don't know who's going to win but for me F1 is the winner.

Another season done and dusted. Even though it was some what controversial most of the time, it had some fantastic racing by two of the best drivers today. Both deserved the win, regardless of who you are a fan of. Unfortunately F1 has become a big business and a show must be put on to keep fans and attract new ones. When Liberty took control, I was worried that it would turn into a gong show, and it has. I don't watch Nascar anymore, it's a disaster. Indy car, just occasionaly will tune to watch it, but it too has gone down the tubes. Once Dixon leaves, so will I. Is it entertainment or a motor race. I'm not sure it's either now. Will be there for 22 season, and here's hoping for another good year of the best F1 has to offer us.

And so it all kicks off again. Tonight, will be watching quali from Bahrain. Word is, Verstappen and Leclerc were showing the pace in practice.

I am in for the season. I think it would be hard to go against Red Bull for the first race. It will be interesting to see how Mercedes manages all their challenges.
Love to see Ferrari win a few just to watch their fans. Go Mercedes !

So good to have F1 back! I feel like the sport as a whole is off to a great start this year. I'm especially happy to see Haas back in the game. I've always liked K-Mag, good riddance to that POS Mazespin. Tough break for Redbull and Alpha Tauri, but I'm sure they will be bounce back. Overall a surprisingly low number of technical issues given the massive changes this season. But hey, it did look like the cars could follow each other better in close racing!

Thoroughly good start to the season - lays down the marker for interesting times ahead. Red Bull bound to be competitive, still to score. Ferrari's best season opener for a very long time. The Mercedes team must be working flat out to work out what they need to do to solve the, uhm, porpoising.

Mercedes might be headed in the right direction this weekend. Russell is proving how good he really is so far.

Awesome to see a brand new track! It looks like it is going to eat tires for breakfast. Hopefully this will be a two-stopper, which I think makes for a better grand prix.

I didn't watch all of the practice, but from what I saw it looks like it will be an entertaining race. Those slow corners look like they will be challenging.

Should be a great race and in qualifying there was no one to say, "Valteri, let Lewis by."

Back