Forward controls

- maybe someone can get some hints from these?

Blatt04.jpg

Fischer-VFA6.jpg

Sorry it's taken so long, the drawings for the front portion have been done for a while, but i haven't been able to do the rear portions yet, i'll post what i have, at least.

Attachments

• Forward Control Lever - assembly.PDF
    88 KB · Views: 1,333
  • Forward Control.PDF
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,052
  • Peg - Forward Control Bracket.PDF
    81.5 KB · Views: 971
  • Plate - Forward Control Bracket.PDF
    84.7 KB · Views: 983
  • Plate - Forward Control Lever.PDF
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,009
Sorry it's taken so long, the drawings for the front portion have been done for a while, but i haven't been able to do the rear portions yet, i'll post what i have, at least.

These look great, but is this for both sides? Looks FANTASTIC actually! I am eager to send this off to my waterjet guy :thumbsup:

Thanks, they are for both sides, just assembled mirror image.

Glad you like them, I got a little creative... lemme know if he needs a cad file to run through a cam system. I may have missed a few dimensions.

Posted via Mobile

Thanks, they are for both sides, just assembled mirror image.

Glad you like them, I got a little creative... lemme know if he needs a cad file to run through a cam system. I may have missed a few dimensions.

Posted via Mobile

CAD file would be GREAT! Please do upload.

Those look great!! I'd be interested in a cad file as well. Dxf or dwg. Either way.

Posted via Mobile

here's the .dwgs, i had to zip and change the extension to .pdf to get it to upload, so you'll have to remove the .pdf to open. used 7zip to compress.

Attachments

• forward controls.7z.pdf
    28.7 KB · Views: 896
just got to looking at these. How were you planning on attaching pegs?

edit: I found a set of stud mounts for harley female style pegs that use a 1/2-20 stud. see here

Last edited:
Question on your drawings "They look sweet as hell and really want to make a pair". But on the foward control what is going between your mount 3/8" plate and your shift arm 1/4" plate I get the peg set up and the plates for the mount and the levers but what do did you use to weld them together?

the bushing is welded /pressed to the lever, (you could make the bushing brass and press fit it in), the peg is stepped and retains the lever assembly. (i hope i'm understanding your question right).

Anyone ever make a set with a master cylinder built in for the rear brake? (If running disc that is)

I have an '81 xs650s and am going to attempt to make some forward controls with the info I found on here as well as some other websites. Does anyone have any hints, tips, or tricks for me?

Thanks Visegrippe for all the great info and pics by the way.

I built some for my bobber. The stock brake lever works fine for the spline for the rear brake. I just sawed off the lever from the spline and welded a 1/4 inch plate steel to the spline. I used the rest of the lever for the forward control lever, if it was okay for the stock bike it is still okay to use for the forward controls. I did the same with the shifter. Most of the stuff I used for the forward controls came from just the local hardware store and a local steel supply store. I used a pair of 1/4" clevises for the shifter and 3/8" ones for the brake. The rod for the pegs and pivots was 3/4" cold rolled steel, pretty accurate stuff. Don't forget to make a way to oil or grease the pivots, if you get the steel on steel wet or moist it will rust together. I put an oil hole in the top of each pivot.

Back