Forward controls

hi guys, sooo anyone tried to fabricate the blueprints that been posted ove here?
and what software you are using to draw them?

Last edited:
Anyone got any more pics of these? Im gonna start on a set this week i think, but im interested in seeing all the progress that has been made from visegrippes original. whats everyones plan for linkage?

i made mine off the blueprints from here seem to be working fine on the stand. still gotta see how they work when riding, but seem like they will work fine. ill try and get some pics tonight and post them.

These are what I built from scratch with stuff in my garage. I used bronze bushings, made the aluminum pegs on a mini lathe, but may end up changing the actual levers to a more curved style. It wasn't to bad. Just had to try and make them even. Just remember to ake the left shifter a little longer to put your foot under and take it outveasier.

2011-12-13171527.jpg

2011-12-13171506.jpg

2011-12-13171516.jpg

2011-09-21183625.jpg

those loook goood! if you would have an extra set laying around, would totally try and buy em off you :)

No extra sets. I just fabbed these up one weekend for myself. But thanks. I looked at some of those blueprints, too. They were a little more than I wanted to get into. They seemed over-complicated. I just got a marker, some cardboard, a ruler and off I went.....

I picked up an '81 xs650 a year ago for $100 with only 3k original miles on it. New battery and tires and it was good to go. I rode the heck out of it last year and made some minor modifications (paint only) to it but wanted to get some forward controls going for it since I am not to partial to the stock set-up. I am excited to start fabbing some up here in the next few weeks and want to thank everyone here for the great info and plans for the forward controls. As soon as I have something to share I will post pics.

im thinking of buying the tcbros forward controls and universal linkage kit for my wifes bike, but one question???? where do i get the pieces that mount to the bar and the shifter spline?? and the brake side to? thanks all

you either cut the peg off your old one and drill and tap a hole in the arm or you go get a new one from somewhere like fast from the past. I've yet to find a new one for the rear brake.

thanks capt zoom... i did do somne resurch and i found that mikes sells brand new brake levers // hope it helps // :) OEM Type Rear Brakes (70-84) > Part # 29-7009

Brake Pedal-Rear

Click to enlarge image

Availability: In stock

$37.50USDPc.

Qty:

Details

Chrome Plated Rear Brake Pad

Fits: All XS650's 75-84

Additional Information

Mikes XS Part #
29-7009

View similar products in the following categories

•OEM Type Rear Brakes (70-84)
•Brakes

Ideally I'd like to find something other than the rear break lever. I'd like it to look more like a regular forward control part rather than a cut down lever.

No extra sets. I just fabbed these up one weekend for myself. But thanks. I looked at some of those blueprints, too. They were a little more than I wanted to get into. They seemed over-complicated. I just got a marker, some cardboard, a ruler and off I went.....

Only way to go! great job on those

Back