Forward controls

geoholl

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a drawing for DIY Forward controls? I have seen Forward controls on EBAY but I'd rather do it myself if possible.

Geo

Come on guys.. someone has to have an idea on this or maybe even some pics of a "Store bought" set that would help.. I need to find something to do over the next few months..lol

G

These TC Bros forward controls are about as simple as they get.

You could buy a couple of different sets of controls from different companies for inspiration, then design your own based on them, and resell the sets you bought.

Attachments

• dsc04275.jpg
    dsc04275.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1,178
I'm about to build some next week.I will take some pic's and do a little write up about it. (going to the State Fair with the Wife and kids this weekend :D)

I'm about to build some next week.I will take some pic's and do a little write up about it. (going to the State Fair with the Wife and kids this weekend :D)
Just checked in, did you ever get any pics of the Forward Controls you were making?
I have a machinist friend that just needs a drawing or some good pics and dimensions.

Geo

Here is what I have.

Attachments

• xsforwds1.jpg
    xsforwds1.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 2,571
  • xsforws2.jpg
    xsforws2.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 2,639
  • xsforwsbrks.jpg
    xsforwsbrks.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2,023
  • xsforwsshft.jpg
    xsforwsshft.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,974
anyone have a cheaper kit than the tcbros one? homemade would even work for me ;) just don't want to fork out $150 for controls. . .

Alfredo, I don't think they get any cheaper new than the TC bros ones. Going to have to make your own I guess.

My buddy and I are gonna try to make some hopefully with in the month. I'm waiting on my seat to come it so I can get an idea where I want the controls. I have an old engine in my garage that I plan on using the conecting rods as the pegs and the wrist pins as the brake and shifter pedal.

i won't be near my bike till the weekend, if some one could try get accurate measurements of the splines, in mm if possible, i could get these done sooner. Outside Diameter, spline pitch, if possible the depth, and number of teeth.

not all the dimensions are there in those sketch's, so my version will be exactly that, my version... just so you're warned :)

Thanks,

one part modeled, for now... i'll post up the actual drawings when they're all done, just managed to slip that one in on my lunch break...

i'll post up progress, looks like i won't get down to my bike for measurements until the 20th (it's an hour's drive away), so i'll need those measurements, i might ask for confirmation on other dimensions as i go.

Attachments

• Plate - Forward Control Bracket.JPG
    Plate - Forward Control Bracket.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,081
Back