Found a large powder coat oven, what's its worth, tips and tricks?

cafetools

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Kind if a bad picture, but the powder coat oven does work that I am interested in buying. I will probably only pay maybe $200 max, how much would you guys pay?

A oven this size that you could put a 650 frame inside would cost something like $5000 on Eastwood.Com for an oven online.

I am going to buy the $79 harbor freight dual voltage powder coat gun kit. I will buy my powder elsewhere, online. If I want to paint glossy black do I need black base and a separate container of clear? Any help and tips are appreciated. This is going to be a awesome process once I'm set up with this. I will also save a ton of money VS paying a shop to powder my parts.

Attachments

• 1551983201712_IMG_20190307_112628.jpg
    1551983201712_IMG_20190307_112628.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
???

A wooden oven?
I thought it was wood too.
The doors look like rusted steel that was cooked from the inside out at 350 for 4 hours.
Is it steel? I sure hope it's steel, that would be nice.

So a little update, I am getting this for free, that's right Zero cost. And I guess it works too, now I just need to borrow a truck to move it.

never sen steel doors with grain running through them.........Hinges don't look like steel door hinges...........i would be looking in the mouth of this gift horse

Free is good! Be sure to post after you bake your first frame.

never sen steel doors with grain running through them.........Hinges don't look like steel door hinges...........i would be looking in the mouth of this gift horse

I sent a message out asking if it's metal construction. I have to admit it's pretty large, but frees free. And if I have to remodel it atleast it's a good baseline. And it works.

Edit: got a response and it's all metal. No wood on it anywhere! Looks exactly like wood though haha!

Looked pretty sketchy at 200 bones, but a score at free. It may be missing the owner's manual.

I am probably going to pick it up today. It indeed does look sketchy however it works and it's all metal construction which is s good start!

Not a whole lot of people have ovens this big, I wonder if I could start a little side business.....? Because shops can charge an arm and a leg to power 650 frame.

I want to build a little cart with wheels that I could roll in and out of the oven with all the parts on it.

Back