Front brake switch.

It would be nice if there was some way to measure the diameter of the bore before I fill the system with brake fluid and bleed it. Also I have the parts to make it a double disc at the front.

It would be nice if there was some way to measure the diameter of the bore before I fill the system with brake fluid and bleed it. Also I have the parts to make it a double disc at the front.
Operating two calipers will require a different bore size than operating one. The two caliper master cylinder should have a larger bore than that operating one.

Actually, it's said that the stock 14mm MC is well suited to operating twin discs. Personally, I don't see the need for them on this bike. A well sorted single disc works good enough I think. With the double disc, you get more connection and possible leak points, along with added weight. And the added weight is unsprung, the worse kind.

Surely that should be possible.. Just remove the lever, and any bellows to get access first.

Operating two calipers will require a different bore size than operating one. The two caliper master cylinder should have a larger bore than that operating one.
Are you sure? Because in 1979 I bought a new Kawasaki Z1000 (UK) and that had a double hight master cylinder brake fluid reservoir to account for the extra disc and brake fluid required.

@Trevor9, I am very sure. Below is a ratio chart from MMM's Vintage Brake site.

1643152531469.png

Back