For Sale - FS: Complete 1981 xs650, bnib bobber parts and more

508xs650

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats for sale? Everything. Welder's special, pick it up and flip it in a couple weeks

this forum isn't letting me put a url in, bare with me

1981 yamaha xs650

-NH bike

-7,800 miles

-I have the bill of sale and that's what you need to register it MA

-put this into google, click first line ----> motorcycle massachusetts registration

-complete and running when i picked it up, it was rode onto the bed of the truck

-it's now a bare frame, w/ a few things left to remove, i have all the parts in bags, seperated, everything bike related will go

-i have everything this bike came with, new mag wheels w/ new tires, motor, stock carbs, the motor looks brand new, the frame has no rust, the wheels are perfect, the tires probably have less than 100 miles, and two bags full of the stock parts, and boxes filled w/ these bobber parts

-stock 19'' front/16'' rear wheels, 100miles on tires

img0629kv.jpg

BNIB Bobber Parts

purchased from here-----> http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14

these can go with the frame, it's basically an almost complete "build a bobber" kit less a few fancy parts (that you don't really need), like pamco ignition, and aftermarket upgraded carbs...

1 x Tcbros Weld on hardtail 3'' stretch

1 x 7/8" tcbros black drag bars

1 x Vintage throttle grips w/ throttle assembly

1 x Cat Eye Side Mount Tail Light/Licence Plate Bracket

1 x Chopper Battery & Electronics Box KIT

1 x Crankcase Breather Filter

1 x Solo Seat Mounting Kit (with 3" springs)

1 x Ultima Black Smooth Vinyl Solo Seat

1 x UNI Clamp-on Air Filters (pair) (2.125"-2.25")

1 x NGK BP7ES Spark Plugs (pair)

1 x 530 BLACK Heavy Duty Motorcycle Chain 120 Links

everything for $2000?

if you're a bike guru pick this up off me, put in a little elbow grease and you have a quick flip on the side, i'd even like to see it built and rode around here that'd be dope (but it'll sell quick once finished)

this is the direction i was headed,

3539464382_b06db60264_b.jpg

Long story short, I picked this up to be my first bike I've ever owned.

-I had all the intentions on finishing this up in october and having it welded, redoing the harness and upgrading carbs, and clutch, etc.

Can't juggle this build, w/ class, the car and cost of living going up.
/rant rant

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Uh just a guess but 2K may be a little steep for a pile of parts with a bill of sale. A break up will yield more money at a cost in time and and effort to ship everything. Name your prices, expect a shave because those who will pay full price are going to get their parts from the vendors.
A picture of the engine and carbs would help your cause, uh unless you "started on that" too. Sorry just the nature of projects incomplete = discount often severe discount. Especially in the fall when the young guys with a pocket full of cash are thinking about snowmobiling not motorcycles. The guys who realize this is a one or two year project have a snap on their wallet.
I made the comments because you DID ask.

^I appreciate your input and I respect it.

The motor is complete and untouched, it ran fine so I felt no need to touch anything. The carbs are separated off the motor but are together. I can take more pictures tomorrow of all the parts and everything else. I can also answer any questions. I also realize this bike can be built in a couple weeks, I am basically looking to "set somebody up" with almost ALL of the components they need.

The only piece I am missing is the $ to finish it up the way I want to. I'd need to throw my friend money for welding it, and I'd also like spoked wheels and some carbs and exhaust. Basically, I am a car (VW) nut always have been and although I've always wanted to build a bike, this is not the time (unfortunately). I want to completely finish my car first before I take on any other projects

I paid 1200 for the bike and then ordered all the parts. I'd like to break even after getting rid of anything if possible. I will work numbers with anyone who is serious.

This bike is clean, I have bags full of parts, and boxes full of new bobber stuff.

Someone pick up a small project to flip!:)

bump, let's move a classic. low miles, clean bike, tons of bobber parts.

buy the parts, or just the bike. help me out!

thanks

Like gggary says, If the bike was reasembled and got going it would be a good buy. As soon as you try to sell a dissasembled bike it becomes a parts bike and looses its value

trying to sell it complete first. i've got some bills/school and stuff to take care of. help me help you.

i'll do $1800 for everything I have, and deliver if you're local. I'm willing to drive about an hour. To put this in perspective I paid $1200 for a running, clean unmolested bike w/ low mileage, granted it prob needs the typical maintenance ( new sump filter, oil change, and to be put back together ) but for $1800 you get a build a bobber kit, delivered.

I feel as though this price is on point and if one of you experts pick it up, built it up and flip it you have yourself a quick profitable classic

Someone's gotta be thinking about jumping on this. I want to sell everything at once, just to save $ on shipping, and what not.....

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

UPDATE.
BIKE IS SOLD, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT FINISHED BY MY FRIEND.

I STILL HAVE ALL THE BOBBER PARTS LISTED HERE, BUYER PAYS SHIPPING, I WILL SHIP VIA UPS.

1 x Tcbros Weld on hardtail 3'' stretch

1 x 7/8" tcbros black drag bars

1 x Cat Eye Side Mount Tail Light/Licence Plate Bracket

Prices + shipping to 17963 PA?

Do you have photos of the batt. Box, cat eyelid plate bracket and the solo seat mounting kit?
Thanks,
BobberNick

i have no idea what's sold and what's left but I'd be about grabbing the mag wheels and uni filters if they are around

THIS IS WHAT IS LEFT. EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX READY TO SHIP. VIA UPS, CHECK THIS WEBSITE FOR PICS AND PRICING OF WHAT THESE PARTS COST ME PLUS SHIPPING. MY PRICES WILL BE AT A SLIGHT DISCOUNT, CALL IT A RESTOCKING FEE AT MY LOSS I GUESS.

CLICK ME TO CHECK PRICE/PICS

EMAIL WILL WORK BEST, MIKE.LOPES@YMAIL.COM
EMAIL ME WITH PART INTERESTED AND ZIP CODE FOR SHIPPING QUOTE/PRICE/PAYPAL INFO

1 x Tcbros Weld on hardtail 3'' stretch -

1 x 7/8" tcbros black drag bars -

1 x Vintage throttle grips w/ throttle assembly -

1 x Cat Eye Side Mount Tail Light/Licence Plate Bracket -

Back