Fuel distributor.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
As you all are aware, when fuel runs low in the tank, one carb can run dry, BS carbs overcome that problem by linking the carbs via a short hose between them. I run VM carbs on the TX so there is no fuel link. Previously I had a jumble of hoses and T piece barbs linking the petcocks, but that was just so untidy, so today I made a fuel distributor. Not quite finished yet: I still have to drill the linking gallery through so the petcocks are linked, but, I don't have a 4.5mm drill long enough, so I'll have to drill from both sides and blank one side off with a screw and copper washer, then punch in three brass barbs, clean it up a little, round off the edges and polish it.

The distributor mounts underneath the front lip of the ally battery carrier I made some time ago.. A tube from each petcock attaches to the two inner barbs via a small filter, fuel line links the two outer barbs to the carbs.

I was going to make one with integral sintered bronze filters, but the unit would have been LARGE , so I decided to go with the two inline filters.

The left side works well, plenty of room for the hoses and filter as the carb hose attaches to the side of the distributor, but the right side is a little crowded as the fuel inlet on the carb is on the same side as the left hand carb, I may have to make another just a few mm wider.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 106
  • WIN_20220724_15_31_41_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220724_15_31_41_Pro.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 89
That sort of gave me an improved solution for 2 petcocks and a single 8 mm hose barb on the LH carb, feeding both carbs ( TM/RS 34).
I may be able to do something similar with 8 and 6 mm copper or SS tubing.

Back