Fuel line and filter placement

ok, what your gona end up with is:
Line comes out of the tank. Goes to the filter. Line from the filter to one of the two ports between the carbs, where the cross line is. the other port is capped off. And both vacuum ports are capped.

Always happy to be the entertainment. ;). So the fuel inlets are those stubs on either side of the balance hose, yes? And I I run a hose from vacuums inlet to vacuum inlet will that cancel it out? What’s the best method to stub them? I need a beer!
And does this mean I’ve dumped gas into the crankcase too?

ok, what your gona end up with is:
Line comes out of the tank. Goes to the filter. Line from the filter to one of the two ports between the carbs, where the cross line is. the other port is capped off. And both vacuum ports are capped.
Got it. Thanks.

It's easier to cap off each vacuum port with and little caps you can get. I don't think I would connect them together.
Yeah, get me one of them beers while your up!

Crankcase, yep if you've had the gas on. Check the oil level. Give it the sniff test. But you didn't try and run it so probably just a good oil change.
That's why I wanted you to pull the plugs and DON"T use the starter. Just get the plugs out and kick it over by hand. You want to blow any fuel in the cylinders out. No bent rods! I don't know if it would but why chance it.

What are ya'll looking at? Gimmy that popcorn and go do something else! Can't-cha see them "Men Working" signs?
Ya'll do remember me putting BOTH vacuum take offs on the left carb and wonder why the right carb didn't have one? That's right, a murphy! But you can bet your Azz if I had hooked my gages, one on the left of the left carb and one on the right of the left carb, They would have been dead on the money! You don't get a balance closer than that.:bike:

Last edited:
If you have trouble finding Tygon locally, Princess Auto has some nice fuel and primer line in the small engine section. It’s cheap and stays supple for a long time.

Also, it’s amazing what 90 degree filters can to do help save space.

Thanks for the local tip! I’ve got some small vent lines on order. And I’ve capped off the unneeded outlet/inlets. I’m using a big ole small motor filter for now but will clean it all up eventually. It’s a bit of a shit show.

Thanks for the local tip! I’ve got some small vent lines on order. And I’ve capped off the unneeded outlet/inlets. I’m using a big ole small motor filter for now but will clean it all up eventually. It’s a bit of a shit show.
PS hope you’re now clear of the wildfire.

Back