Fuel line clips

tidd1340

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Well i got my fuel line puzzle solved,except for the clamps.Im using the clear blue 1/4" id fuel line.Whats a good clamp to use.Everything i have local to me are for the thick wall hose.

I cut another piece of the hose about a 1/4-3/8ths inch long warm it up and slightly stretch it with needle nose pliers to slip over hose ends, hoses can be removed if needed but will be tight enough to not leak looks pretty good too

Good idea, jayel! Got any pics of that, perchance?

TC

none handy but if using tygon line which stays soft the "clamp band" squeezes the hose making the seal tight as it tries to return to it's normal size, just don't get it to hot or stretch it to much when putting over the hose end... looks something like this

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    1 KB · Views: 70
I don't really understand the question or the answers. The blue should be polyurethane. Here is what I posted in a different thread:

I go to a MC shop and buy the standard clear blue 1/4" Polyurethane hose. Parts Unlimited sells it too. You do NOT need hose clamps with it, and you can see if your fuel is flowing. Once you attach it to your petcock, or carb, or filter, it will NEVER come off, unless you grease the fitting first, I like to use white lithium grease, and even then, it is hard to get off. The Polyurethane is good stuff, once you try it, you will see.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=v6FTT6D7DeeJsQKtotHvBQ&ved=0CE0Q8wIwAg
That's the link, but you can buy it by the foot at MC stores. If you are using 1/4" polyurethane with 1/4" fittings, you do not need clamps.

I use a small size zip tie or two, marked UV resistant, usually they're black. They're about 1/8" wide I think. Also use them on the vacuum line and gas filters.

Yes, zip ties. Dogbunny is right. If the hose and fittings are the same size no clamp will hold. The earlier nonvaccum pet cocks the fittings on the petcock and carb are not quite 1/4 inch. Closer to 5/32 so the 1/4 inch line is loose and needs a clamp of some sort.
I like the hose over the hose idea Jayel. Clever.
Leo

Thanks, jayel. So, you don't actually use a clamp with that idea, then? I gather that it eliminates the need for a clamp.

I like the Motion Pro gray line. It remains soft and pliable. I just wish it were a tad snugger at the petcocks once I get a clip on it, though I don't seem to have any leaks. Never tried the ziptie idea... that's a good one too.

TC

Mike's has the wire type clamps in many sizes that will work well too. 10 pacs for $2.
Leo

polyurethane get hard over time, tygon line remain pliable you can find it at lawn mower shops

Them Yamahoppers are cool. Back in 1979 while working at a Yamaha dealer this was the shop beater, and was used to pick up lunch, for the mechanics at Iron Horse Cycles, (Redwood City, Ca), and all i can say this little bike took a beaten and came back ticken. Always have loved in shop flat tracking. Mitch. By the way Harry Lille had a little shop in the back, and i remember it was full of metal shavings while he was taking care of HD750s. Man Im getting old. Mitch :thumbsup:

Back