Fuel taps, vacuum rebuild kits or swap to non vacuum...?

The one you show from Mike's won't fit your Special. The tanks through 1977 have smaller bolt spacing than the later ones.

Gotcha. Mine is a '79 F Standard.

So I looked further and found the non-vacuum petcock with the correct 46mm bolt spacing. None of the images show the actual flange however, it "Looks" right.

Interchangeable outlets too.

Am I correct in concluding that the only mod to the carb is to plug the vacuum port when installing these taps...?

Thanks,
rad__
Rmjs0e.jpg

Gotcha. Mine is a '79 F Standard.

So I looked further and found the non-vacuum petcock with the correct 46mm bolt spacing. None of the images show the actual flange however, it "Looks" right.

Interchangeable outlets too.

Am I correct in concluding that the only mod to the carb is to plug the vacuum port when installing these taps...?

Thanks,
rad__
Rmjs0e.jpg
That’s it.

I rebuild my vacuum petcocks on my ‘78 - they work perfectly!

I'm torn, I like the idea of manual taps but would like to rebuild the original vacuum type however, the quality of the rebuild kits available are in question.
Where did you source your rebuild kits for the vacuum type.

Thanks,
Rob

I was torn too, but I had several of both type petcocks, so decided to stay original which I managed. I got mine at mikes xs - no issues - I know there are different opinion about rubber etc. mikes are not always the best and prices aren’t either - I use different vendors and tend to find out where the parts are made before I commit - not always possible though :) I’ll say give it a shot !

I'm torn, I like the idea of manual taps but would like to rebuild the original vacuum type however, the quality of the rebuild kits available are in question.
Where did you source your rebuild kits for the vacuum type.

Thanks,
Rob
That being the case, you should also call to question the quality of the aftermarket petcock.
It’s clearly not to the OEM standard. Yes, I have one and I just put a rebuild kit in it.

I think most or all of the rebuild kits come from the same source. I use Goerge Fix’s store or Dime City mostly.

That being the case, you should also call to question the quality of the aftermarket petcock.
It’s clearly not to the OEM standard. Yes, I have one and I just put a rebuild kit in it.

I think most or all of the rebuild kits come from the same source. I use Goerge Fix’s store or Dime City mostly.
George fix’s is a new one to me

Back