Fuse panel

Kinsygrl

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone can tell me where to buy a good but not crazy expensive blade fuse panel.....

Use one from a '90s XJ600 Seca II....or .....check ebay for other bikes fuse pannels...or do like a lot of us have done and solder in 4 bladefuse sockets.

There's only one problem with that fuse block. It only has one power in and 6 out. You can't wire your 650 that way. You need a power in from the battery and out to the ignition switch and another power in from the switch out to all the other stuff.

Im a little confused. Why couldn't you just wire an inline fuse for the switch, then to the fuse panel?

Forgive my naivety, but my bike has a maine grade panel just like this one, and it was running fine.

Ryan

Ryan - that's how I have mine wired. I have a 20A inline from my battery and going to my ignition switch, and then from the switch to the fuse panel. My kill switch to my ignition/coils is run off the fuse panel as well as separate ones for headlight, tail light, etc.

Ryan - that's how I have mine wired. I have a 20A inline from my battery and going to my ignition switch, and then from the switch to the fuse panel. My kill switch to my ignition/coils is run off the fuse panel as well as separate ones for headlight, tail light, etc.

This is how I planed on setting up my build too. Are you guys running relays in line to your head light or tail lights

Great, thanks for that. I was pretty sure that I was able to wire it up like that.

Cheers,

I am by no means a wiring expert by any stretch, but I can't see what would be wrong with it. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me as I'd prefer my bike not to engulf in a ball of flames but as far as I can tell it should be OK. I am not running relays.

I've used that fuse block also.

Wiring diagram's for this are often wrong on this site showing option A where I was corrected that it should be as per option B

Back