Feedback for garage187

drummin777

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I set up a wheel trade with David Long, aka garage187. His mags and rear brake for my spokes and rear brake. He told me he needed the wheels in a hurry. So I stayed up late on May 18th, took them off, cleaned them, and packaged them up. I shipped them via UPS on Saturday, May 19th. He verified on the May 24th that he did in fact receive them and they were as described. A week goes by, no wheels. Two weeks go by, no wheels. I texted him and ask him where the wheels were and he said something about waiting for one for a guy to help take them off. Another week goes by, and no wheels. So I texted him last week and explained that I had to get the wheels, the bike is sitting in the middle of my shop and I cant even move it. He replies "Ill TRY to ship them tomorrow." Now another week has gone by and I still havent recieved any wheels. So far Im out my wheels and brake setup, AND $67 shipping. I texted him yesterday and asked if he had shipped the wheels...no response. I text him today, and explained that it has been a MONTH (and he needed wheels in a hurry) and I have been more than fair and patient and I asked if he had any intentions on shipping me the wheels...no response. I tried calling him twice today...he didnt answer. I hate to post this, and he sounded like a cool dude on the phone, but WTF? I have the feeling Im getting burned. I will update IF I recieve the wheels.

Last edited:
Yep same boat here guys a, well I'm not gonna use that language here. He told me a week or so ago that he just crashed his bike and was in the hospital and would try to get a spoke wheel to me asap. He wont answer phone calls messages on here or texts so my guess is we've been had. really grinds my gears.

Well he hasnt logged on here since 6-19-12. I didnt know about the motorcyle wreck. I talked to him on the phone and he seemed like a good dude. Maybe he will come around. I hope so. I have a bike in the middle of my 12x20 shop sitting on the center stand with a steel pipe propped under the trees and I dont know what the hell Im gonna do. I really cant afford to buy some mags outright right now. I really hate to be out a set of wheels and $67. Come on David.

He was on here today and I sent him a message and got no response also sent him a email still no response... sigh times are no good for me right now, got a ticket, no job, and other personal things are not going my way.

Ok, now that I FINALLY have cash in hand, here is the rest of the story. This little weasel completely ignored all contact. All texts and calls until I sent him a text with the county clerk and District Attorney's phone numbers, and I told him I had already contacted his sheriff and police dept (which I did). I let him know that I would be filing a small claims suit against him, and when I went to OK, I would add mileage, traval expense, hotel costs, time off work, etc. I then told him, if he didnt contact me NOW, that a set of wheels would cost him a fortune. He replied "Call the cops..." We then had about a 2 hour exchange of texts (because he wasnt man enough to answer his phone). But after 5 days of no response, now he was magically responding to every text within seconds. He kept acting like it was my fault or like I owed him something. This was my favorite part:

Me "...you just gonna fuck me over?"

Him "How am I screwing you over?"

Lets see you have had my wheels for 5 weeks and are ignoring all contact, HOW ARE YOU NOT SCREWING ME OVER?

Finally I told him he owed me either his mags and brake setup, or he could ship my wheels back and refund my shipping costs. He gave me more lame excuses, which he is full of, about them being in a locked shop, blah, blah. So I told him the only other option, was that he needed to just pay me for my wheels so we could both go our seperate ways. This was Tues. He asked how much. I told him $140, which I thought was a hell of a deal considering how he had screwed me around and it cost me $67 to ship them. Honestly, I just knew he wasnt going to send me any wheels, so I was just trying to come away with something and save myself a 9 hour drive to OK. He agreed, and said he would pay me though Western Union on Saturday. Saturday came, no money. He said he was called in to work, at this point he has NO credibility, so who knows. But, SHOCKINGLY, after I texted him today, he actually made the payment. But it's funny, he jumps on here now, and acts like everything was all good, and I recieved payment. I played it as cool as possible trying to get him to pay me, it worked.

Now the brass tax, Its been 6 weeks and a total pain in the ass. If I hadnt threatened him with court, I NEVER WOULD HAVE HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN. I am going to put any and all contact information I have for him below. NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH HIM!!! I wouldnt even sell to him just based on principle. He is a low life piece of shit, and he will screw you over in a heartbeat. Contact info below.

David Long
309 West Polk
McAlester, Ok

Cell # 918-329-1581

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/david.long.146?sk=info

BUYER BEWARE!!!

And David, know that your name and address or burned in my memory, if Im ever that way, you will get to meet all 6'3, 265lbs of me.

Last edited:
My bad my bike is in the shop.and the owners daughter died and he had to go to.california..if ur gonna tell a story make sure u tell it all. Its called shovelheads the shop is..so him and him know that is bs.his daughter passed away.and i couodnt get to the whells..next time i take my bike some where.ill ask if they have a history of family illness etc.wtf ever dude

Really? Did she die 6 weeks ago? 5 weeks ago? 4 weeks ago? 3 weeks ago? 2 weeks ago? Like I told you, all you had to do was pick up the phone or text. YOU IGNORED ALL CONTACT! When your the person who owes someone, it's on you to keep them informed, and update them with any changes. You were gonna rip me off. You had more than enough time to ship the wheels, bottom line, you never were. Sure, why wouldnt we all believe you, you have established so much credibilty and such a good reputation, sure. Tell it all? You havent refuted one thing Ive said, NOT ONE. You're only argument is that I forgot to tell everyone one if your bullshit excuses. Which actually just supports everything I have said. Speaking of your bullshit excuses, didnt you tell the other guy your ripping off that you had been laid up because you had a motorcycle wreck? Hell at this point, I dont think you even have a bike. You're a low life, and now everyone here knows it.

Ps, You told me the guy had to go to CA, that something happened to his daughter. You never said his daugher died or anything else, so dont act like you gave me all this information. At this point, I dont think there is a bike, a shop, a guy or a daughter.

Last edited:
And also I have been told several times I will get the wheel shipped tomorrow with a tracking and number and you know what I still dont have anything from you so try to wiggle you way out of that one? I mean you have a 16" 36 spoke wheel you were willing to trade so I sent you my 18" and nope NO motorcycle shop is involved in that, neither is being in the hospital two weeks ago so where is my wheel now? ....I don't even think you have one. You sir are a disgrace to the xs650 online community.

Back