Gary Hoos just announced it

Vincenthdfan

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Gary Hoos just officially announced on the XS650 facebook group page he is shutting the business down and retiring.

He's been having all kinds of clearance sales on all his parts for some time now so he seems pretty serious this time around.

Maybe its time I start selling all my 650's, seems like all of the support for these bikes is drying up or aging out? 😪

Man I`m really sad to see him go. He was my first choice go to source for all my carb, exhaust and engine parts. I`m glad I finished my trackers while he was in business. First Johnny Isaacs and now Gary Hoos.😢😢 I hope Jerry Cheney doesn`t call it quits. I`m not done building XS650`s yet.

Man I`m really sad to see him go. He was my first choice go to source for all my carb, exhaust and engine parts. I`m glad I finished my trackers while he was in business. First Johnny Isaacs and now Gary Hoos.😢😢 I hope Jerry Cheney doesn`t call it quits. I`m not done building XS650`s yet.

Thats what really hits hard for me right now...all these years squirrelling away the bike, parts and time, I finally decide its time to start building my Street Tracker in earnest and I find everyone to support it drying up and going away.

Its going to make it way more difficult and many more compromises will need to be made (read: Mike's Chineseium crapshoot). 😪😪😪

I'm not saying it isn't true, just that it's not the first time he retired.....;)
Thats what I thought too, but he's selling off all his pipe standard's/fixtures and everything...keeps posting stuff at blow out prices on facebook.

Here's what he wrote this morning:

"Time to say goodbye!
I have worked on XS650’s since I bought my 1st new one in 1975, Case split rebuild in 1978. Started out 22 years ago selling parts on eBay, decided to go racing and started a company called Hoos Racing Specialties to pay for it. Built and designed and maintain my own website. Stopped racing 9 years ago and now it is time to retire the business. It has been fun and have met and worked with a lot of great people. Once all inventory is out the door I will be closing it. I just wanted to let everyone know it’s time to go. As always thank you for your support. Gary".

Good for him, not great for us. I hope someone gets a lead on some of his quality parts or maybe he will refer someone. I'm specifically thinking about the front cam chain guide. I believe that was the only place I heard of having a quality one. If anyone knows where to get good front cam chain guide please share. I will need one soon, or I would have to build one of those gonzo guides I saw someone make on here.

Good for him, not great for us. I hope someone gets a lead on some of his quality parts or maybe he will refer someone. I'm specifically thinking about the front cam chain guide. I believe that was the only place I heard of having a quality one. If anyone knows where to get good front cam chain guide please share. I will need one soon, or I would have to build one of those gonzo guides I saw someone make on here.
Great minds!
Asked him last week, he wants a premium for the contact info to continue the purchasing of the guides........
We didn't discuss amounts.

Back