gear star shift adjuster, sized

Batten

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Looking at the shifter star it is not central to the shifter arm. Manual shows release shift arm, release lock tabs, undo lock nut, screwdriver slot till shift star is central. My adjuster is seized, any help pleeeeeese

The adjuster is very hard to turn; that's normal, and the manuals don't see fit to mention it. As you've discovered, it won't budge with a screwdriver alone. You can use a screwdriver bit on a breaker bar or a screwdriver with a hex shank with an adjustable wrench (spanner on your side of the pond) to turn. Push down hard with one hand and turn with the other, it'll move.

The adjuster is very hard to turn; that's normal, and the manuals don't see fit to mention it. As you've discovered, it won't budge with a screwdriver alone. You can use a screwdriver bit on a breaker bar or a screwdriver with a hex shank with an adjustable wrench (spanner on your side of the pond) to turn. Push down hard with one hand and turn with the other, it'll move.
Cheers bud. Just reluctant to try to hard and bust it. Will give that a try in the morning.

Cheers for that link. Did any of the parts make a diffrence. Pins , spring , plate.
While i have mine apart if the pins , spring and plate make a then i will replace them.
I have a good friend with a machine shop that should be able to make parts
Dave

Back