Gears of War Trike - let the revolution continue

Wolfchen

Ace of dogma
Reaction score
A Cultural Phenomenon:
Love or hate 'em it seems everyone is fascinated by the new generation of pro-built choppers popularized by OCC's dysfunctional family.
Since 2001 and OCC there's been an entirely new Chopper / Street Fighter / Cafe building industry created along with infinite variations.

Okay say what you want about the old OCC and most of their "logo" ad choppers - son Paul Jr has been coming on strong as a designer / custom bike builder. I have to admit I'm impressed by his willingness to take big risks and do out of the box builds.

At the Top:
There's been a revolution in custom bike building with the likes of Bourget's and Billy Lane's quality work and its great to see it arrive.
Those of you engaged in advanced fabrication know how demanding it can be to do fresh, original and inspiring work.

Trickle Down Effect: Think build on Sunday, show / sell on Monday.
At the double Caddy Chopper unveiling Jrs bike's air suspension move blew everyone including Senior away proving Paul Jrs ability to innovate.

Jr's earlier design work on the Dixie Chopper bike was all the more remarkable because he gave his painter full license to do a wild metal flake green paint job.
It started Jr off in a fresh direction. Then came the Go Daddy.com chopper with its eye-popping, in-your-face, green and orange color scheme.

With the unveiling of his out-of-this-world Gears of War Trike it seems like Paul Jr is finally emerging out of OCC's cookie cutter shadow.
The Gears trike is a radical departure; an other world metal creature gone wild in every way, shape & form.
The trike's mystical game-inspired graphics are light years beyond anything OCC did before. Its simply a better fabrication effort on every level. Compare the trike to OCC's Dodge Ram bike and its "propish" cousins and its simply no contest.

I was viewing: "let's see the XSs" thread and The Gallery. Wow!
Great ideas, great variety & execution.
Within the realm of customs created by our participants I enjoy seeing new efforts, like Paul Jr's, expressed in ever more creative and memorable metal art.

The custom work of all types being done by XS.650.com members is an inspiration. :thumbsup:

So much to do, so little time.

Attachments

• gears of war trike.jpg
    gears of war trike.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 223
  • Dixie Chopper left.jpg
    Dixie Chopper left.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Go Daddy.com OCC Chopper.jpg
    Go Daddy.com OCC Chopper.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 175
  • King Kobra 2011.jpg
    King Kobra 2011.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
somebody had been hittin the bottle hard tonight lol
:D

Last edited:
I liked the Gears of War trike because it was purely a conceptual exercise, never meant to be ridden really. When you're free to make radical departures from the norm for that reason you can really come up with some cool stuff. Jr has always been talented that way, although he does get stuck into his "chopper" box a little too often. I also respect the fact that he tells clients that he can give them a basic outline but really can't tell them what the end result will look like because it evolves as he builds. I'm the same way, I change my mind 100 times during the course of my builds, and it's always a positive thing, it ends up better than my original design, which by the end of the build seems quite poor.

Lots of hate sent Jr's way, much of it rightly deserved, but you still have to respect that he does have a talent for design, and even more importantly lets other talented people around him do their own thing and make their own choices.

My two cents :)

Guess we don't need to hear about these guys either....
There's been a revolution in custom bike building with the likes of Bourget's and Billy Lane's quality work and its great to see it arrive. Those of you engaged in advanced fabrication know how demanding it can be to do fresh, original and inspiring work.

I liked the Gears of War trike because it was purely a conceptual exercise...

you still have to respect that he does have a talent for design, and even more importantly lets other talented people around him do their own thing and make their own choices.

My two cents :)

How's the turbo bike coming along? btw excellent job. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing. :)

Last edited:
Back