gggGary's latest XS project "madness"

a28a0e3a0f5d67bd498f670d43baad87.jpg

:laugh:

Whole trip a total of 3 vitamin I tabs. One of those was about eye strain. Other two taken on morning of long riding days.
random pics kinda detailing touring set up.
DSCN9439.JPG DSCN9438.JPG DSCN9437.JPG DSCN9435.JPG DSCN9436.JPG DSCN9434.JPG DSCN9423.JPG DSCN9425.JPG DSCN9440.JPG DSCN9424.JPG DSCN9426.JPG DSCN9427.JPG DSCN9429.JPG DSCN9428.JPG DSCN9433.JPG DSCN9431.JPG DSCN9430.JPG DSCN9432.JPG

like the gauges Gary and their mounting plate looks real good. What type of bar mounts are you using there ?

Handlebar mounts are virago, most year and cc Viragos have the same risers. the studs to the triple are on the short side but can be made to work. Bonus they let you change fork springs or emulators without removing handlebars.

Gary......just another 140 miles yesterday and you would’ve qualified for an Iron Butt membership!
So Close! :D

Mailman - didn't you see the photo of Gary's butt that he posted above?

….if that butt ain't iron, I don't know what is.

Rode an XS from White Sands N. Mex. to Ft. Walton Beach Fl. non-stop once. Made the trip back and forth about a half dozen times mostly on the XS and a Norton Interstate.... but only the one time non-stop. 'Bout 1200 miles if I remember.... couldn't sit for 3 days after. I was about 28-30 at the time. I'm impressed Gary. :)

Gary,
What if you made it an annual event? "The Mountain View Madness Run"! The rest of us can aspire to make our bikes capable/reliable enough to make the trip. Hell, the trip to Baraboo would be a long distance endurance run in of itself!...

Good job Gary. But then You are the man. I hope Joni has a wonderful time with it.
Haven't heard from from Alan and Joni for a while but she did ride it a lot. Saw Joni on it up in Iowa at a Rally.
did some post ride work yesterday. stripped off the long haul stuff, cleaned, changed oil and filters, checked plugs, pulled compression, R 195 L 175, set chain tension, while checking bolts found one header to frame bolt MIA.

Last edited:
Back