Wanted - Good condition rocker shafts (and maybe other rocker parts

G_YamTech_314

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I'm preparing to rebuild the top end of my motor once I return from vacation in Florida. I'm looking for a set of 4 rocker shafts that's don't have any grooves in them. I am not sure if I need new rockers, I didnt see any abnormal wear on them when I checked two years ago... Lol
Parts are for a '76 motor.
If I can find a good deal on shafts and rockers, I'd happily take the set off your hands to ensure the motor gets the best used parts I can find for it.
I'll also humor offers of good hardware and other head cover parts. Ebay isn't as fruitful as I'd hoped for NOS shafts.

Shaft part # I need is 256-12156-01-00 (I don't know if part #s differ through the years)

Thanks in advance!!!

If you can't find any used consider these.
6 bucks apiece. (they come 2 to a pack).
https://yamahaxs650.com/product/rocker-arm-shaft/

You're a blessing! What a deal. I'll honestly probably just jump on it, and take this ad down.

Any chance you could link some more sites that sell new aftermarket parts for me? I wanna stay away from mike's as much as possible. You guys always seem to know which nooks and crannies to look for stuff.

Hey @GLJ is there anything you WOULDNT get from that site you referred me to? It seemed to have almost everything I need, and if I can get it all in one place I will. I've heard different things about buying piston rings from different suppliers. I wonder how different they are from store to store.

I'm also looking into getting new valve springs from them as well. I'm sure they're good enough. Just wondered if they were anything like Mike's in regards to some stuff being great, and other stuff being not-so-great.

I've gotten a few things from there. Everything so far has been good. It's a new site.
I'm not sure but I think a lot of the stuff is the same as Mikes.

Back