Good Problem too have.....

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Xs 1 basement.jpg Have been busy with project builds... the 1929 runs but mag spark disappears at advance... so it runs but can't " ride ".... still chasing that gremlin... my other project passed the test ride... after weeks of cut, weld, " make it work ".... everything goes to powder coat Monday... once done... it goes to the painter..... unveil date is 21 Aug at a local event. As a result other bikes have been put on the back burner.. one is my Xs1.... took it out once in.. 2 years. I try and ride them all during a season to help prevent " white death " in the carbs. Couple days ago.... pumped up the tires on the 0'greenie ..... pushed it outside... opened the carb drains... add'd fresh go juice.... with a splash of Sea Foam. Once it started to leak from the bowls closed the drains. Pulled the plugs..with choke on kicked it about a dozen times..... these early Xs units don't just kick and go..... I've had both Xs1 and Xs1b and they are reluctant participants. Tossed the plugs back in... gas on..choke on.. and.. Eeeck... gas pouring out of the overflow tubes....^%$#{+ :( Grrrrrrrrrrr.... several sharp raps on the bowl sides and... this time it worked ! Key on, got neutral light.... about 3rd kick... neutral light went out.... Aaaaaaaaaaaatgh... When downstairs and pulled the battery out of my Honda Helix.... found my homebuilt jumper cables.... now neutral light is really...really green. Key on.. 3rd kick ..it starts... ran for 4 seconds... Repeated about 3-5 times before it settled with a rough idle. This bike always needs a coupe of minutes to " warm up ".. it doesn't do..start and ride off like my Xs2's did. Once it was warmed up... took it around the block a few times. Next week I'll get my trailer and haul it to condoville and enjoy it for the rest of the season. I pushed the sidecar rig outside to make room ..... Xs 1 basement.jpg Basement 2.jpg Got 4 more to kick start into summer.

Back