Got your covid vaccine? Share your experience.

650Skull

SSSSSSSSSlither
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't gotten the shot, never planned to from the start. The more it's pushed, the less I want it. I think a lot of you guys made the right decision in your older age, but I'm a fairly young l, relatively healthy person. I've had MANY vaccines from the army, but haven't had one since, just a few flu shots until I decided they were pretty much useless. I was offered the shot way back when there was a waiting list because I'm considered an "Essential worker", but didn't see any sense in jumping ahead of the elderly. Shot or no shot, all power to you.

This thread id not about your decision to get the vaccine or not or your reasons why. The thread about that has been deleted because it was politicized.

This thread is about your reaction to a vaccine injection and any after affects.........be respectful of the situation and other peoples decisions/choices

Jim

Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just want to point out here that I started this thread as a "feel good" thread. When I started it, we'd lived under covid for over a year... and finally a vaccine was available that would start to bring an end this pandemic. In that spirit, I wanted all of us to share their experience getting vaccinated... something positive against the backdrop of the worst disaster in my lifetime... you know, a feel good story... if only for a moment.
If it's all the same to you guys, I'd like us to continue down that path.
Cheers guys.

jetmechmarty

Project collector
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Then I'll ask Travis to remove it. Problem solved.
Where I'm concerned, that isn't necessary. I think I'm a grownup. In the spirit of this thread, since I took the action that I did, both voluntary and involuntary, I have not concerned myself with the virus. I'm going on with my life. That is a good thing and what was supposed to happen.

Jim

Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Do you mean the thread or the unwanted comments where people cant control them selves?????
The thread.
The toxic covid thread is gone and I'm guessin' this will be the new dumping ground for all manor of covid related bullshit now. I refuse to (again) be part of the problem. I'd rather wash my hands of it and have it taken down.

2BallCane

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread id not about your decision to get the vaccine or not or your reasons why. The thread about that has been deleted because it was politicized.

This thread is about your reaction to a vaccine injection and any after affects.........be respectful of the situation and other peoples decisions/choices
I was respectful. I'm not Knocking anyone who got it, that's their choice. I said nothing political or negative about it, just stated my standpoint. Covid is only political to those who make it political. Not sure about what I said was a problem.

650Skull

SSSSSSSSSlither
Top Contributor
Reaction score
@Jim Your not the problem. There is a report function so these things can be hit on the head.................the moderator has to take notice if unwanted posts are reported. Why let the disputers get their way. This has happened to much and it stops reasonable debate.....Not that this thread should descend into a debate ........it is that attitude and not the information that caused the other thread to be deleted

650Skull

SSSSSSSSSlither
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I was respectful. I'm not Knocking anyone who got it, that's their choice. I said nothing political or negative about it, just stated my standpoint. Covid is only political to those who make it political. Not sure about what I said was a problem.

Because it is very easy to get defensive when someone points out something. A copy and past from and earlier post........no reflection on you

Apr 29, 2021 #201

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Machine said:

wtf :umm:
my employer told us we are no longer required to wear masks in the machine shop.Halleluhah. It's been a year of masked up machining (BS!)
There is now community food again in the kitchen too.
Yet across the Columbia River Oregon governor has implied further restrictions including backwards to "extreme" as of Friday. No more indoor seating.
This is a real pisser as finally "The One Moto Show" is scheduled in Portland for the weekend! This is a great local event.
:cussing:
I'm fugin sick of the politics!
Machine said:

Well I have not got the shot and sure as he'll don't want it

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor
Well, since this is a thread to share your experience with regard to the vaccine... it begs the question why the hell are you even commenting here? To be perfectly blunt, I could give a rats ass about your anti-vax feelings. As I said before, if you want to rant about how unfair it is losing a whole friggin' year to the virus and how vaccines suck... go make your own damn thread and quit poisoning what's supposed to be a somewhat informative discussion.
This may come as a surprise to you Randy, but you ain't the only person affected by this damn pandemic.... we're all sick of it. Whining about it just make you look like.... well, a whiner.

Jim

Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, you were respectful. This really isn't about your comment. Skull (and me) were just trying to head off something that I'm afraid is going to happen regardless what we say. You're new here so you're not aware of what previously transpired.
I'll hold my fire for now and see where this goes
Just to repeat... this thread's about getting the vaccine and how it affected you... either mentally or physically. It's not a place to share views about the vaccine... that's just gonna lead to the dark side.

lakeview

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mindful of the danger of equating coincidence with causation, my wife got her second shot of Pfizer early summer, had a sore arm for weeks and now complains of a locked shoulder. Taking physio now with relief hoped for.

Jim

Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mindful of the danger of equating coincidence with causation, my wife got her second shot of Pfizer early summer, had a sore arm for weeks and now complains of a locked shoulder. Taking physio now with relief hoped for.
Let's hope the p. therapy works for her.
thumbsup.gif

MaxPete

Lucille, Betty, Demi & Gretel: I ask, THEY decide.
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I had the Ashtray-Sputnik first in late March (over 60 but under 70 here in Canadà) and then we got the Pfizer in, I think, late May.

The A-S didn’t have any noticeable side effects beyond a mildly sore shoulder for a couple of days (just the polio and MMR vaccine that just about everyone got as a kid) but the Pfizer did do one odd thing to me:

- the day after I got the shot I had a telecon at 3:00 PM and at about 1:45 pm, a wave a fatigue washed over me that was totally beyond anything I had ever experienced.

Within a couple of minutes I went from fine-fine to nearly asleep in my desk chair - so I lay down and set an alarm for 2:55 pm, in time for my call. When the alarm went off, I woke up feeling fresh as a daisy and have been fine ever since.

Very odd though.

I suspect it was the double-secret tracking chip inserting itself into my brain and booting-up so that the CIA can monitor where I go and who I speak to….

Oh sh!t - is that political? :rolleyes:

Sorry all - my bad….

hehehehehe.

Last edited:

kshansen

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Well in the sprite of this thread I'm guessing the vaccine just did not like me as I had no reactions what so ever! Heck even went for three of them the had a flue shot for a chaser and still nothing!

MaxPete

Lucille, Betty, Demi & Gretel: I ask, THEY decide.
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well in the sprite of this thread I'm guessing the vaccine just did not like me as I had no reactions what so ever! Heck even went for three of them the had a flue shot for a chaser and still nothing!

it must be the chip shortage Ken - they weren’t able to insert the “personal conduct” monitoring chip that [CORRECTION] MTG has been yammering about.

Last edited: