Government House Cleaning

MacMcMacmac

Failed Hedonist.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Being in the capital region, I like to keep track of what the government is putting up for sale. Mostly it's just boring office furniture, but the odd time you'll find a Testarossa, Harleys, motorcycles and cars being sold off after emissions testing, repo'ed stuff etc. Then there is cool old stuff they bought and put on a shelf "just in case" like these 60 year old 2 stroke generators:

At 3kW apiece, they probably won't run a whole lot, maybe keep your furnace running in the middle of winter or something, and I'm not sure how popular you would be with the neighbours running a 2 smoke at 3600rpm in the middle of the night, but these are so retro cool I almost want to buy one just to look at. There'a whole bunch for sale, some used, some kept in dry storage with spare parts and properly fogged. I'm guessing they were for some natural disaster planning or civil defense use, but time has passed them by. Perhaps depending on a 60 year old 2 stroke to keep your house running might not be the best idea., visions of cursing a blue streak and rewrapping that cord 20 times at 40 below spring to mind.....

.I can't see them running too long on such a small tank. Maybe they were meant for running tools. Still kind of neat though.

1669963858684.png

1669963874919.png

1669963899185.png

1669963914035.png

1669963934245.png

1669963969037.png

Last edited:
Being in the capital region, I like to keep track of what the government is putting up for sale. Mostly it's just boring office furniture, but the odd time you'll find a Testarossa, Harleys, motorcycles and cars being sold off after emissions testing, repo'ed stuff etc. Then there is cool old stuff they bought and put on a shelf "just in case" like these 60 year old 2 stroke generators:

At 3kW apiece, they probably won't run a whole lot, maybe keep your furnace running in the middle of winter or something, and I'm not sure how popular you would be with the neighbours running a 2 smoke at 3600rpm in the middle of the night, but these are so retro cool I almost want to buy one just to look at. There'a whole bunch for sale, some used, some kept in dry storage with spare parts and properly fogged. I'm guessing they were for some natural disaster planning or civil defense use, but time has passed them by. Perhaps depending on a 60 year old 2 stroke to keep your house running might not be the best idea., visions of cursing a blue streak and rewrapping that cord 20 times at 40 below spring to mind.....

.I can't see them running too long on such a small tank. Maybe they were meant for running tools. Still kind of neat though.

View attachment 231118

View attachment 231119

View attachment 231120

View attachment 231121

View attachment 231122

View attachment 231123
I'm a sucker for any old equip. painted in green hammertone. Reminds me of working in my dads shop when I was a kid. White Motors used that color on their interiors. It would be cool to buy one and then build an expansion chamber for it. Neighbors would love it.

Back