Great source for vintage parts

bosco659

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
When I bought my Suzuki GT750M, Water Buffalo, the seller suggested I check out CMSNL for my parts needs. Turned out to be a great source for parts my local dealer said were obsolete. Some on line sites in the US also list some of these parts as NLA. Placed an order Saturday, shipped today (from the Netherlands) and supposed to arrive this Friday. Shipping price was very reasonable and at todays gas prices was cheaper than driving to pick them up at a not so close to me dealer. Customer service has been great.

May be worth looking at for the XS. Quick look showed some prices ok and others higher. They note if they are supplying a repop part. Also saw there are a few NOS parts like rotors and stators for a mere $1500 usd if you want to keep it original - lol. Point is they appear to buy NOS parts from sources other than factory so you might be able to find that rare bit you’ve been searching for.

For the Suzuki, their parts diagrams are great.

Picture for attention and website…

809EDBCC-BCE6-4DC4-8081-934F47969E2E.jpeg

Last edited:
CMS is great. Just placed a few large orders with them. Anything over 250 is free shipping.

Just a heads up. If your package all of the sudden stops moving once it gets to the US it’s because it needs to be cleared. On all of my 3 orders CMS did not make a declaration of product so they had to be contacted to send the paperwork for clearance.

If it happens you gotta call CMS for them to release the shipment and they are super understaffed so they took over a week to respond to an email with no real help.

Calling worked though.

CMS is great. Just placed a few large orders with them. Anything over 250 is free shipping.

Just a heads up. If your package all of the sudden stops moving once it gets to the US it’s because it needs to be cleared. On all of my 3 orders CMS did not make a declaration of product so they had to be contacted to send the paperwork for clearance.

If it happens you gotta call CMS for them to release the shipment and they are super understaffed so they took over a week to respond to an email with no real help.

Calling worked though.
Thanks for the heads up. Hope this doesn’t happen to my shipment. One would think they would fail only once at this and afterwards know that all international shipments need this documentation. How were your parts shipped? DHL or FedEx?

They came via fedex.

Talking with the guy on the phone at CMS he was very nice and completely honest. Said they were super understaffed and have been dropping the ball on the paperwork. Who knows??? He got me to the lady that needed to send it every time and she sent it right away and I had my parts the following day.

Once I knew the way it worked, I got all my parts in under a week (I’m in California). Even with the hiccup- free shipping from them to me in under a week was still a good deal.

They came via fedex.

Talking with the guy on the phone at CMS he was very nice and completely honest. Said they were super understaffed and have been dropping the ball on the paperwork. Who knows??? He got me to the lady that needed to send it every time and she sent it right away and I had my parts the following day.

Once I knew the way it worked, I got all my parts in under a week (I’m in California). Even with the hiccup- free shipping from them to me in under a week was still a good deal.
Thx. Did Fed Ex notify you that the shipment was held up for paperwork? How long ago was this?

Last edited:
Thx. Did Fed Ex notify you that tge shipment was held up for paperwork? How long ago was this?

No they did not.

Just when I tracked it, one time it had a note that it was held up for clearance.

Another time it was just in Dallas Texas for 2 days with no movement so I called fedex and they said it had to be cleared by the company.

The first time it said it was still in Germany on the tracking, for like a week, although it was really in Dallas and the international tracking system shows more than the domestic (but we can’t access the international) and I had to call for them to clear it. It was at my door the following day.

These 3 shipments were within the last 2 months.

I normally get parts quicker than I would from USPS 3-4 states away. They uaually come DHL

Well here I am with no parts. ☹️ Supposed to be delivered yesterday but FedEx reports a delay for clearance processing. I guess I’m going to have the same problem. You would think they (CMSNL) would know what needed to be done. If every shipment was delayed and customers were calling / messaging, you would hope they would have the required documentation nailed down. Now I’m not impressed.

Well here I am with no parts. ☹️ Supposed to be delivered yesterday but FedEx reports a delay for clearance processing. I guess I’m going to have the same problem. You would think they (CMSNL) would know what needed to be done. If every shipment was delayed and customers were calling / messaging, you would hope they would have the required documentation nailed down. Now I’m not impressed.
Ever get your parts?

Yes I did get them. The paperwork must have been ok because FedEx contacted me shortly after my last post requesting tax and brokerage payment. Sent an email inquiry to CMS (prior to getting notification from FedEx) and never heard back from them. I’d rate them about 5 at best for customer service.

Good to hear!

As I said, their “ticket” system is a failure.

Phone calls were answered quick and swiftly solved my problems. They were honest and kind on the phone. But yeah, it definitely needs some help haha.

Also, just noticed you were in Canada. Maybe we got another piece of paper needed in the US or something.

You also had to pay a tax and brokerage fee??? What did that run? I never had to do that.

We are lucky(spoiled) in the US, we don't have the duty taxes and other fees other countries have to worry about
I have been pretty happy with their service however the last part I ordered (which I had on my wish list and they notified me it came in) really wasn't on the shelf as they said after I paid for it and was excited I actually found a part that has not been in existence for some time. Also one time I ordered a speedometer which had the USA part number which should have come in with a MPH dial on it but was in KPH. Oh well cant complain to much. I have had the same issue with Partzilla.

Last edited:
Good to hear!

As I said, their “ticket” system is a failure.

Phone calls were answered quick and swiftly solved my problems. They were honest and kind on the phone. But yeah, it definitely needs some help haha.

Also, just noticed you were in Canada. Maybe we got another piece of paper needed in the US or something.

You also had to pay a tax and brokerage fee??? What did that run? I never had to do that.
Our taxes are 13%. We pay that on most everything we buy in our province other than food and some services. For brokerage I think they charged about $10 iirc and that wasn't bad.

Back