Greatest Gift Ever!!

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I went after gas for the mower this afternoon and when I got home this was in the shop. My best friend in life gave me this 1957 Allstate (Cushman Highlander) scooter. He completely overhauled the motor, got it running and just gave it to me. I had one just like it when I was 12 years old and so did he. All the "Cool Kids" had scooters. My first thought was to leave it alone and don`t touch the patina. It took me about 10 min to get that thought out of my mind. Immediate plans are to remove that ridiculous muffler and install a straight pipe then take it around the block. Should be interesting since the throttle turns clockwise to open.:thumbsup:
DSCN0839-001.JPG
DSCN0838-001.JPGDSCN0837-001.JPG

I priced a few items for restoration of this fine unit and now I see that XS650`s are cheaper to restore than Cushman`s.:yikes:

Nice score!!!

Used to work at a shop that was the biggest supplier of NOS cushman parts in the US. They are definitely not cheap to restore and even harder to sell, the market is basically guys in their 70s-80s in middle America. Pretty much no aftermarket support or repop parts, mainly due to lack of market.

I have a 3 wheel haulster that is hopefully next in line for a restoration. It was free as well.

W
I went after gas for the mower this afternoon and when I got home this was in the shop. My best friend in life gave me this 1957 Allstate (Cushman Highlander) scooter. He completely overhauled the motor, got it running and just gave it to me. I had one just like it when I was 12 years old and so did he. All the "Cool Kids" had scooters. My first thought was to leave it alone and don`t touch the patina. It took me about 10 min to get that thought out of my mind. Immediate plans are to remove that ridiculous muffler and install a straight pipe then take it around the block. Should be interesting since the throttle turns clockwise to open.:thumbsup:
View attachment 216141View attachment 216142View attachment 216143
ill you and lloyd ride it to Aspen this winter to give Mary her briefcase back?

Dad handed me a curb find Cushman Eagle when I was 14? fixed r up, got a "professional" respray down at the jack plant.
I wore myself to a frazzle day after day trying to kick start that SOB, who'd thought it would have been as simple as a new spark plug...................
Even with a lug rear tire, it wasn't much of a trail bike..... :doh:

A few years ago when I lived in Concord, NC , Dennis Carpenter, who sells old Ford parts, had a ton of Cushman scooters and parts......

tim

A few years ago when I lived in Concord, NC , Dennis Carpenter, who sells old Ford parts, had a ton of Cushman scooters and parts......

tim
Yes. I`ll be getting a seat cover and tail light lens from him.:thumbsup: Thanks.

And if you can’t find parts you need or want to see if you can find something cheaper you can post an add on scootnet2.net

There used to be a scoot.net but it’s no longer moderated and over run with drug adds.

Back