GS650E

I retired last week.
Minions cheering.gif

You still have the V-Strom Doug?
Yep. Gone off it a bit. To top heavy and tall. Can't fault it really, but after pushing the GS around and on and off the center stand I'm going to sell the DL when I get back to Aus.
Congratulations on your retirement Doug! You’re gonna love it! 😃
Cheers Bob, loving it already. Retarded back to my childhood relating and enjoying my grandchildren.
She's a cutie. Obviously no family resemblence to you.
That's not very nice:(...........lol................. She is. Sakura is her name,

Yep. Gone off it a bit. To top heavy and tall. Can't fault it really, but after pushing the GS around and on and off the center stand I'm going to sell the DL when I get back to Aus.

Cheers Bob, loving it already. Retarded back to my childhood relating and enjoying my grandchildren.

That's not very nice:(...........lol................. She is. Sakura is her name,
I have 2 myself, a boy and a girl. They are 18 and almost 21. Thankfully for them, they are both smart and good looking, unlike me.

Took that photo last sunday. going down the slide on one of those blow up things. Going to be my go to yay pic from now on. 6 grandkids, oldest one is 12 and the other 5 are 6 and younger. Haven't seen 4 of them due to covid and work..........

Work............... anyone says that word to me from now on, I'll consider they are swearing at me.

Took that photo last sunday. going down the slide on one of those blow up things. Going to be my go to yay pic from now on. 6 grandkids, oldest one is 12 and the other 5 are 6 and younger. Haven't seen 4 of them due to covid and work..........

Work............... anyone says that word to me from now on, I'll consider they are swearing at me.
Kinda' like Maynard G. Krebbs? Probably the only one's to get that are Americans that are really old, like me.

new charging system installed. 14.7v @ 3000rev..........Quick jaunt around the block.

First ride of the bike. Easy to handle, feels light and turns into corners nicely. A quick rev when stationary doesn't do the bike sound justice compared to the riding sound. Has a nice note on the gas and changing down.

Clipboard 1.jpg

Back in Oz, Did a couple more rides. One was a 70klm one and the other I went back some of the previous route to take some more pics.

Rear wheel wasn't spinning freely up on the center-stand. Rotor showed no sign of any heat at all . Loosened the axle nut and axle pullers, lifted the caliper from the rotor and it freed up, pads must have been lightly stuck. Put it back together and retention-ed and it ran free.

Pics. Some show the area and others are me trying to be a bit arty, showing the bike from different perspectives.

Christmas day a short jaunt around the block
IMG_4339 crop shpn plate 2 copyright 1.jpg

27-12-22.
Thought some poppies might make a nice backdrop
IMG_4345 -20+10 Shpn crop 2 reize 2500 copyright.jpg

70klm Jaunt to Whites Bay and back.

Nice little beach/cove about a 1/4 mile long beach, curving around, making another bay at one end that finishes at the rocks seen to the right by the tree. The beach is accessed through a narrow road with tight corners over 2 steep hills and gullies. Historical significance

About 10klm between arrows

Screenshot 2023-01-11 205538 copy.jpg 1.jpg

IMG_4384 reize 3000 ArcSoft -B+C shpn lightly copyright.jpg
IMG_4402-3 copyright.jpg
IMG_4393 crop copyright.jpg

Back