Handle bar clamps/risers, OEM or non?

groundsfordivorce

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

Want to remove these clip ons and replace them with some more traditional handlebars but I have no hardware to attach...no OEM risers or anything like that. Is there someone still making aftermarket risers that will fit the 650 and dampen vibration? Or is there any other attachment hardware anyone can recommend for new 7/8" handlebars?

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 275
I know someone on the site makes solid metal risers bushings, and the rest you could get from a bike being parted out in the classifieds.

Joker machine and biltwell are a couple companys that make some quality risers depending on your budget, and whether you want em to look factory or not. Not sure of anyone that has original replacements. Could always source some used parts if that's the route you're lookin to go.

I will trade you for my current stock setup or for a variety of different bars that I have.

Can you get another picture of how they attach?

Hey guys thanks for all the replies! Wasn't sure if I was missing an easy OEM source but something a bit more updated from Biltwell or Joker might be the way:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/biltwell-slimline-risers

I'm hoping these might do the trick?

@ 54inches
Haven't figured out exactly what I want to replace these bars with - Probably something a bit more triumph style, upright, swung back. Here's some pics of how they bolt onto the forks, message me if you think you might have something for me :thumbsup:

Attachments

• photo bar1.jpg
    photo bar1.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 309
  • photo bar2.jpg
    photo bar2.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 230
I have 2 or 3 different sets of bars and the stock risers and stuff if you want to do a trade, I am down.

I have a for sale thread on here. I believe I have a stock set of bars, a set of 2" rise slight pullback drag bars and what I would call a bmx style
(4" rise, stock pullback, but lower than the stock type).

Just let me know if you want to see additional photos....

Back