Handlebar switch gear.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I currently have a couple of aftermarket handlebar switches on the 74 which I'm not overly impressed with. The right side came without a throttle sleeve, I couldn't get a sleeve for it, so sent off for a different brand sleeve, unfortunately, whilst it works, it's not a real good fit and is very sloppy.

The switch housings are aluminium, but the switchgear is small and made of a softish white plastic, the cabling is all sorts of colours which does not match the harnesses I made. Unfortunately, while the rest of the world use a green colour as earthing and red as power cables, China doesn't. Due to the nature of the plastic in the switches I can't resolder in different colours. So:

I have these other switches I bought a couple of years ago, so, I'm thinking of using them. Switches are larger and lend themselves to swapping cable colours. I also have a couple of brake/clutch lever clamps with switches set into them which I can also use for start and horn functions. And lastly I have a quick action throttle of very good quality.

So, I may solder new cables to the switches and use them so colour coding is matching throughout, almost anyway, some other wiring on different parts of the harness may be a different colour, but overall it's a ot better than what I currently have.

I think someone on here once asked 'Are custom bikes ever really finished?' I have my eye on a few other bits I made I'm not fussed on, I've already redone the spin on filter cooler mounts. No truer words!

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 36
  • s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 67026629_1_image.jpg
    67026629_1_image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 32
Back