XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
It was 50 years ago today!
XS1 Intro.jpg

Blurb from Dickie Towers on Facebook.
"
Today, we celebrate a....
“Golden Anniversary”....

Exactly “50” years ago, on November 1, 1969, the Official Yamaha Dealer News Publication, for December, 1969, was distributed to each Franchise Dealer.
There was “One” centralized theme of this special edition....
The public announcement, of the upcoming release, of the brands’ very “FIRST” 4-stroke Motorcycle, the ‘70 XS-1.
This event was a gigantic milestone, in the history of the Tuning Fork Brand, and something, that the Dealer Network, had been waiting on for way too long....
This SOHC, would go on to have the historical distinction, of having the longest production run, of any motorcycle ever produced by the Yamaha Motor Company...."

And I'm ready for the celebration year. :cool:
WJL.jpg

High school freshman in 69. Thundering down the road on my Honda 50. Had a half a dozen boxes that would eventually come back to life as a Benelli 125 and a Hodaka 100. My first XS was still ten yrs in the future.

In ‘69 I was 11 and in Gr. 5 or 7 I guess. I was nuts about bikes but only had a 10 speed bought with my paper route money. I really wanted a motorcycle, but my first didn’t happen till 1977 when I bought a used ‘75 CB360T.

1969...I was a Jr in highschool.17 yrs old...Woodstock...
First man on the Moon...Led Zepplin..Jimi Hendrix..Crosby Stills Nash and later Young...Richard Nixon...Vietnam...wow a trip down memory lane..Happy 50th Anniversary XS650 XSives!!!

Last edited:
Back