Harley bearings in an XS hub?

staf0s

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone make bearings that will allow a Harley axle? I have a really nice 21” 36h Excel rim I want to use on a Harley front end, but there is no such thing as a 36hole Harley hub

I reckon . you intend to use a XS650 front hub? If so, bearing OD is 47mm on a 6303-2RS that has a 17mm ID, 14mm width. A 6204-2RS would give same OD with a 3/4"ID and 3/4 width. If you need 1" ID a 6005 may work.

Oops! Prior post from memory & just now got time to look-up. I needed to be more specific on the bearing #'s:
should read 6204-RS-3/4, which measures 3/4"ID x 47mm OD x 14mm wide. The 6005 is 25mm ID (a tight 1") x 47mm x 12mm wide.

Anyone make bearings that will allow a Harley axle? I have a really nice 21” 36h Excel rim I want to use on a Harley front end, but there is no such thing as a 36hole Harley hub

So the plan is to smash out the Yamaha metric bevarings and then smash in USA bevarings that uses Inch dimensions.
Bearings have tight dimensions for the play so this can be dangerous
Thinking out loud. How about going the other way use the Yamaha Wheel axle and bearings and make a Bushing for the HD fork.

Back