Wanted - Harley neck kit

staf0s

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like the few people that were making these don’t make them anymore. Trying to see if anyone is still doing these or has one for sale. Thanks

What did it entail?

I do have a cnc plasma if you need parts cut
I believe it’s just a sleeve that you insert into the XS neck and you are required to cut off your existing neck cups and replace them with Harley cups. It almost seems straight forward…I’m just so tired of guessing on the things lol

I called TC Bros and asked if they could sell me just the bearings from this kit here: Springer Conversion Kit
The races fit directly in the Yamaha neck cups, and the bearings have a 1" ID to match a Harley stem.

what did they say? I’ve looked at that kit a few times but never really even thought about it. Can a stock Harley triple fit the XS cups?

interesting…

Are you installing a springer or hydraulic front end? TC Bros makes a springer kit, otherwise you just need to change the bearings. Older Sportys have a 3/4 stem while big twins used a 1" stem. XS neck cups are 48mm ID, 15mm height usually works pretty well.

what did they say? I’ve looked at that kit a few times but never really even thought about it. Can a stock Harley triple fit the XS cups?

interesting…
Yes, they sold me the bearings, I forget the price though. I'm not 100% sure about your set of forks. If the stem is 1" diameter and long enough to fit all the way through the XS650 neck tube, then you should be all set. It worked like a charm on the vintage AEE springer that I am using on my build.

The bearings they sell measure 48mm OD and 1" ID. Even if your stem is 3/4 inch, you could probably have a shop turn off a few flanged bushings to make it work.

All Balls has a size chart of the neck bearings they carry. You might find an I.D. and O.D. match there. Link.
They also have an pretty extensive fork conversion chart. No mention of Harleys unfortunately. Link.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Just thought I’d update this thread. Voodoo Vintage is now selling a Harley neck kit for the XS650. As of last week. Exciting stuff.

Seems like the few people that were making these don’t make them anymore. Trying to see if anyone is still doing these or has one for sale. Thanks
If you are still looking for this check out travels by motor bike xs650 with sportster front end on you tube team Miyagi

I am attempting to install a 2004 sportster 1200 front end on my xs650. Here is what I have learned so far:
Called TC Bros and ordered:
30x48x15mm BEARING RACE × 2 (SKU 119-0079)
1 in. STEERING BEARING SET × 1 (SKU 119-0080)
You need to keep the dust shield and the top race from the stock bottom bearing set. I'm an idiot and threw this away during my build. The part number is:
256-23412-00. This serves as a spacer so you don't have to cut the bottom of the neck, only take off that bottom tab. This spacer measures roughly 7mm (0.28) inches (cheapy caliper)
Basically following the instructions here: https://media.tcbroschoppers.com/instructions/113-0060 XS650 Springer Instructions.pdf
Am i doing this right????? =) we will see

I am attempting to install a 2004 sportster 1200 front end on my xs650. Here is what I have learned so far:
Called TC Bros and ordered:
30x48x15mm BEARING RACE × 2 (SKU 119-0079)
1 in. STEERING BEARING SET × 1 (SKU 119-0080)
You need to keep the dust shield and the top race from the stock bottom bearing set. I'm an idiot and threw this away during my build. The part number is:
256-23412-00. This serves as a spacer so you don't have to cut the bottom of the neck, only take off that bottom tab. This spacer measures roughly 7mm (0.28) inches (cheapy caliper)
Basically following the instructions here: https://media.tcbroschoppers.com/instructions/113-0060 XS650 Springer Instructions.pdf
Am i doing this right????? =) we will see
Great info. Thanks! Luckily I still have all my races. I ended up cleaning up and shaving my stock triples and got them polished. I do plan on switching it up to accept a Mullins ultra skinny tree at some point so I’ll be bookmarking this

Back