Harvest Classic in Luchenback, Texas! Let's get a group together!

Glad you guys could make it. Members DogBunny and GoldToothGarage have been camping out at the same location for the last few years, and I meet up with them there. I'll post that location before next year's rally, if all that falls into place. Late Saturday, we had a nice little 20 mile run from there to the bat cave and Alamo Springs General Store. I had a sub-60°F ride back home that night.

.......brrrr......

Compiling the latest weather prognostications for the Fredericksburg area, it looks like the weather here will be warm, with only the slightest chance of light rain for Friday and Saturday. Most of that stuff will be east of here.

Early Sunday morning is a different story. Cold front passage after midnight might get us 1/4" rain in our area. Again, most of that activity will be east of here.

Weather-2017-10-22b.jpg

After about 10:00 AM Sunday, things out here will be sunny and drying out...

Last edited:
Pretty good show this year! I got to meet up with Dogbunny and TwoMany.
Only caught a few XS's this year. I've seen more in previous years.
I missed getting a shot of one, a total rat-rod chopper. Maybe TwoMany took a photo.
I rode my 650 over 100 miles and it never skipped a beat.
So do these bikes belong to anyone here?
Bike_show_1.jpg

Attachments

• Bike_show_2.jpg
    Bike_show_2.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 293
  • TX650.jpg
    TX650.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 244
  • xs_1.jpg
    xs_1.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 226
  • xs_2.jpg
    xs_2.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 271
Yeah, it was great meeting up with you, cycleranger.

Man, I'm beat. Must've walked 6 miles in the last 2 days. Have about 11 pics I'll post later, including that rat-rod. After a *long* nap.

Your 2nd pic shows another DogBunny "suitcase bike" (breaks down into small parts for packing into an airplane), the red/white Honda CL-125, with the black bag...

Does DB still have Bug Killer? When I knew him he only had that and an older Sportster. Looks like he's branched into portable bikes and something to port them on.

I always thought Luckenbach was a real town, because of that song. I was very surprised when I got there that it was like one of those roadside see the bears things (without the bears). Seems like Fredricksburg was very close by, went there just because it was. If I'd planned better, would have spent the day at the naval museum.

I always thought Luckenbach was a real town, because of that song. I was very surprised when I got there that it was like one of those roadside see the bears things (without the bears). Seems like Fredricksburg was very close by, went there just because it was. If I'd planned better, would have spent the day at the naval museum.
The Museum of the Pacific War is a awesome! You can spend the whole day just there. And they have added onto it since I was there last.
I've been meaning to go back.
As far a Luckenbach, well without that song I doubt it would still exist. But it's a nice place to have events. I attended one of Willie's 4th of July picnics there back in the 90's.

The Harvest Classic is scheduled for this weekend, Oct 19-20, 2018

http://www.harvestclassic.org

In spite of the cold and wet, the event organizers say that the show will go on, "rain or shine".

The weather prognosticators show a stopping of the rain, and temps getting above 60°F at about noonish on Saturday.

20181017_GillespieCoApt.jpg

If so, and the low water crossings out here subside, I may try to attend. But, by truck! Not my idea of motorcycling weather...

Excellent - that looks like it will be a total blast to attend!

Have a great Texas buddies - and please post pic afterward!

Pete

Back