Have you seen the new Kawasaki KLR650?

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
New for 2022, Kawasaki is bringing back its legendary KLR650 with a host of improvements. The biggest changes are fuel injection, LED lighting, new dash panel, switchable ABS, beefed up suspension, and bigger fuel tank. It will also offer factory packages aimed at adventure touring and commuting. And it’s still the low price leader, I always liked these bikes, considered buying one, more than once.
There are a hell of a lot of interesting places to ride to in Arizona that require riding over rough dirt and rocky roads. Ahhh if only I were younger with better knees.
7095D277-BA0F-4FC3-BE04-852CC346F4C2.jpeg

Saw that vid last night. Didn't he also do a video where he tried to destroy an older KLR?
It really is amazing how Kawasaki kept their price point so low for so long.
Given the huge, faithful following the KLR has, maybe they'll go another 30-40yrs.
Best of luck to 'em.

Saw that vid last night. Didn't he also do a video where he tried to destroy an older KLR?
It really is amazing how Kawasaki kept their price point so low for so long.
Given the huge, faithful following the KLR has, maybe they'll go another 30-40yrs.
Best of luck to 'em.

Years ago I was following this guy on YouTube , that was very much like our gal Itchy Boots. He was riding from the southern tip of South America, up through Mexico and into the US. He did the trip on a much older KLR650.
He was very good at documenting his trip with videos and I was impressed with the toughness of his old bike.
They are on the heavy side for serious off roading, but they are bullet proof.

Curb weight: 456.4 lbs
Seat height: 34.3″

Yeah I sat on one in a dealership once and they were a tippy toes bike for sure! I rode a Buell Ulysses and an Aprillia Coponard at a motorcycle show and they were both sky high vehicles too. A trade off of long travel suspension. But as soon as you’re rolling that all fades away.

Ahhh if only I were younger with better knees.

Boy, and howdy! 3-4 years ago, I had a weak moment and bought a DS400 (correction: DR-Z400) thinking I'd ride with my grandsons.

Rode it once, on a relatively decent gravel road, fell over turning around, rode it home and put it up for sale the next day. The mind may be 16, but the bod knows better...

Last edited:
A friend of mine rode a KLR from GA to Alaska solo. They are great bikes.

Back