Hdmi vs fibre optic cord

Mikey

got muscles in his head that ain't never been used
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ok just bought a new tv (old ones sound just quit)
TV's are a hell of a lot cheaper than when I bought my last one (Vizeo) 15 years ago ? so I thought lets get the sound bar and and the other speakers that go with it
Ok the question is, just connect the 2 with HDMI arc or use both HDMI arc and the fibre optic cable too :umm:
And if I use both (cause what the hell I paid for both already and I'm anal) will there be an issue
Lots of YouTube videos out there and some say use just the HDMI arc or use both for ????
If the old tv hadn't puked out on me I could have just been listening to Shit sound coming out of the tv speakers and been happy :shootme:
Any opinions

Attachments

• 20230416_080304.jpg
    20230416_080304.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230416_080431.jpg
    20230416_080431.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230416_080947.jpg
    20230416_080947.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 49
I assume that you would need both as TOSSLINK only carries audio whereas HDMI does sound and vision.
Only a listening test will help you decide if HDMI or HDMI + TOSSLINK is better.
Have a look here.

I haven't hooked up the surround sound yet so as long as there is snow out there it's time to take it for a test ride
And nothing is hung on the wall yet either
I just didn't know if both were connected that the surround sound would choose the best of the 2 or what
Both the tv and the sound bar have the HDMI indicated in green as this is the best to use

I just recently went through this. First to your question about cables, I would use just the HDMI, it is a superior cable. At first I tried just the optical cable because it was all I had and it was really awful.
So I went and bought an HDMI and the difference was night and day better.
Another observation, I had bought a Samsung TV and I bought a no name sound bar to go with it and I had nothing but problems, I had to use a separate remote for the sound bar, there were connectivity problems, sometimes the sound was bad. Then I bought a Samsung sound bar that was designed to work with the TV and it was way better. Easy hook up and instant pairing and the sound bar turns on and off with the TV and is controlled by the television remote.

PS…Had I purchased the Samsung sound bar in the first place, I could’ve saved the expense of buying an HDMI cable because it included a nice one with the sound bar…unlike the brand X that had no cables.

Hi @Mikey
VIZEO TV are not a brand in the UK so no Idea of image quality or screen resolution.
If its a super High Res OLED / QLED screen then go with the HDMI links.
They offer excellent image quality, and great sound from a good sound bar / sub arrangement. Plus ease of installation.
I have LG OLED 4K High Res screens at home and Sonos wireless system for sound. All linked via HDMI and works perfectly.
Great for movies and general TV watching. Use good quality HDMI leads however; not the cheap sh*t leads that comes with the TV / sound-bar kit.
They are just cheap leads to get you up and running. Quality leads make a big difference to picture quality and sound.

Yaeh I wondering on the quality of leads that came with the tv/ surround sound
I was just watching an episode of Peaky Blinders and went to You Tube to listen Yes Long Distance Runaround
I'm real happy with what I have now but an upgrade to a better lead is going to happen
Any recommendations ?

Yaeh I wondering on the quality of leads that came with the tv/ surround sound
I was just watching an episode of Peaky Blinders and went to You Tube to listen Yes Long Distance Runaround
I'm real happy with what I have now but an upgrade to a better lead is going to happen
Any recommendations ?
I use these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PPRSWKT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Great quality and price; importantly give excellent signal transfer and image / sound quality.
Ads.

Just type IVANKY HDMI into Amazon USA

$8.26 and Amazon thinks I need free another 30 day prime delivery so shipping is free ( I cancel before the months over )
And I'll get it by tomorrow night

Back