head hunter choppers

I'm not sure if I've missed something but I don't understand this post,
what bikes are we talking about.
is the engine they are talking about a triumph or are they scottish and talking about a good xs motor bored to 900 if it is an xs motor I would buy it,if its a triumph I thought the new ones were about 900 anyway,and if its an old type engine unless its going to be rebuilt constantly I wouldn't touch it

Triumph Bonneville Engine for his Triumph chopper project posted in his album.

full

now I know what we are talking about.
we are obviously talking of old Triumph,I have seen triumphs bored out to 860 or 880 is the norm with a norton crank the only problem with this is you either have to skim the crank to get it in which tends to weaken the crank or reroute the oil way unless its got a purpose made billet crank.I used to ride a Tribsa with a pre unit engine taken out to 750cc done the difficult way with all 750 bonnie internals with the crankcase shaved to get the barrels in and to allow space for the con rods,with thruxton cams,never let anybody tell you e3134 or bonnie inlet cams are better because they are not,but I was costantly rebuilding this engine, it did used to get abused but it was always being rebuilt.

Wow.. Jay thanks for all the info.. the guy who has the motor told me it was bored and stroked to 900cc I dont know a damn thing about Brit engines! I just saw this rolling chassie and was able to pick it up for $375 Thought it would be a cool xs650 build. so i found a complete 1980 xs650 with clear title for $600 brought it home tore it down and discovered that the xs650 is around 8" wide at the bottom and the Trump frame only measures 3.5" so in order to make the xs650 engine fit in the Trump frame the bottom rails would have to be completly redone. So i finally decided the Trump frame would be better as a trump and im hard tailing the xs650 frame..

the frame was a bargain the only problem you have now is try and get a engine,gearbox and primary for a reasonable cost,these are the parts that will cost the most, I think you got the frame for that price because its been chopped,where at the moment people are doing thier best to put these bikes back to original,and I'm sure in a few years people will be doing the same with xs's,it's only about 15 years ago every other bike you saw was british and most of them had been altered in one way or another,people are already starting to return thier xs's back to original,alter them and ride them is the way to go!!

...people are already starting to return thier xs's back to original,alter them and ride them is the way to go!!

moin jay
- i agree, personalise them, ride them - and also that some models will become more collectible

- "alter them and ride them"..(would make women the ultimate customisers) - kind of reminds me of a talk the wife n i had a while ago where she claimed that when we married she thought she could change me...silently i replied i had hoped things wouldnt change and made a mental note to redefine my understanding of success and winning

Thanks, Travis i emailed mikesxs he told me to talk to Buchanan's also. They want $1.25 per nipple:wtf:. was wondering if any one else had some i could get for a more reasonable price.. Mabey im just cheap!

Yeah for that price you'd be better off getting the complete spoke sets from MikesXS

Back