Health issues.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Us old farts love this subject, we can go on and on and on for hours about our health issues.

I was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2017. The superior and middle lobes were removed leaving just the inferior lobe, about 25 percent of the total right lung area as both were cancerous. All fixed!

Nope, roll on 18 months and the cancer returned to lymph nodes around the lung so I underwent chemo and radio treatment. All fixed!

Nope, 18 months later it was back, left lung and what was left of the right lung, so I underwent very aggressive radio. All fixed!

Nope. 12 months later it's back - the Doc thinks. Saw the oncologist today, one spot about 5cm in the left lung which could be cancerous. Oncology is apparently just a guessing game. For now it's a wait and see.

So I'm on the fourth cancer merry go round.

Smoking is not good for you apparently. I quit in 1996, 21 years ago, now I'm paying for it.

Sign of old age, you get sick and die. Happens to us all sooner or later.

No biggy, these things happen when you get old. Just a matter of coming to terms with your mortality. I've had four shots at that, so I've come to terms with it. These things happen to all of us sooner or later.

I've had lots of vaccinations over the years, seems like there's vaccinations for lots of things: Smallpox, chicken pox, mumps, polio, influenza, shingles, pneumonia, covid, but they still haven't got one for old age. That's the one I want, by the time they come up with that one, I'll be dead. Fat lot of good it'll do me then!

Smoking is not good for you apparently. I quit in 1996, 21 years ago, now I'm paying for it.
If I quit 21 years ago, I wouldn't feel too bad like I caused it. The people I've known personally or known of with lung cancer didn't smoke. So it doesn't require smoking. I would guess more people get it who didn't smoke than did, at least because of the small no. of people who smoke.

Yes, a workmates friend died of lung cancer a couple of years ago, she never smoked, nor did her husband. but I think the fact I smoked 40 - 50 a day and the number of times it has reoccured, I'd put my money on smoking.

Us old farts love this subject, we can go on and on and on for hours about our health issues.

I was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2017. The superior and middle lobes were removed leaving just the inferior lobe, about 25 percent of the total right lung area as both were cancerous. All fixed!

Nope, roll on 18 months and the cancer returned to lymph nodes around the lung so I underwent chemo and radio treatment. All fixed!

Nope, 18 months later it was back, left lung and what was left of the right lung, so I underwent very aggressive radio. All fixed!

Nope. 12 months later it's back - the Doc thinks. Saw the oncologist today, one spot about 5cm in the left lung which could be cancerous. Oncology is apparently just a guessing game. For now it's a wait and see.

So I'm on the fourth cancer merry go round.

You're in my prayers>

Back