Heiden Dyno Tune Needle & Jet Kit

BowlingSS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone used this kit? Below is from xs650direct.com site.

Dyno Tune Needle & Jet Kit. Kit smoothes out the powerband and removes the midrange hesitation and leanness resulting in a smooth acceleration from idle thru redline. Kit Contains: 2 slide needles with clips, 2 pilot jets, 4 main jets (2 sizes), 1 Drill bit to modify slide, Instructions for tuning with various Exhaust & Carb/Intake setups. Fits: Mikuni BS34 CV Carbs as used on North American model 1980-84 XS650's.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 3.40.01 PM.png

The reports on it aren't that good. Apparently Heiden designed it for use with their 750 big bore kit and their 2-1 exhaust. It's also possible that since it was designed and developed in Europe, it may work better with their gas formulations, which I'm sure differ from what we get in the U.S. So like I said, installed on a mildly modded 650 here in the States, it doesn't seem to work very well.

But with the BS34s, I really haven't found the need to replace the needles. I know this carb set has been looked down on because of it's fixed, non-adjustable needles and it's lean E.P.A. mandated settings, but if you play with mains and pilots (go bigger), the bleed-over into the factory lean midrange seems to make it right.

Since I do have a 750cc kit and also use 2 into 1 exhaust it might work OK. I already ordered the kit so I guess I will get it a try.
Thanks.

Back