Help needed, please confirm correct bearing to use with cognito moto gsxr fork swap

nicmcs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Its been many months since i updated my build thread but I've been tipping away with it.

To the point of this thread, I just got my lower gsxr triple back after cognito moto pressed in one of their xs650 stems conversions into it.
I wanted to test fit it tomorrow but was checking the all balls bearings i got from them and the numbers don't match what the cognito moto website state i should have gotten.

what i got was:
a 99-3540-5 bearing set and
a 99-3519-5 bearing set.

Can anyone confirm what part numbers of all balls taper bearings I should have gotten and which goes where, excuse my ignorance..

Thanks for the help lads.

I used 99-3515-5 top and bottom for my conversion, though I used the stock GSXR steering stem with a Cognito top triple. That's what both the Cognito and All Balls sites say to use, both for stock and the conversion stem.

I would suggest emailing Devin and asking for the correct ones - he's pretty responsive.

The OD on the -3540- will be 1mm too small, and the OD for the -3519- will be 7mm too big.

I just got my order and I have 99-3515-5 bearings. You can use these with the stock GSXR stem? If so it looks like I ordered some parts I dont need...

I just checked out the cognito site again and found this on the bearings page

---This conversion uses OEM GSX-R stem.

----This conversion requires a longer stem than the OEM GSX-R stem. Please check out our Conversion Stem for GSX-R Fork on XS650

This seems contradictory...

Back