Helping a Buddy....

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Marty Xs.jpg Marty Xs 3.jpg Marty Xs 2.jpg Marty Xs 1.jpg My buddy who owns the Royal Enfield dealership is mega busy... getting bikes out of storage, spring time service, " need a tire now ! because I didn't do it over the winter ! " (yeah, THAT Guy ..grrrr )... his two wrenches are busy. He took in a really nice 77' D for consignment towards a new RE Interceptor and it has the usual Xs gremlins.
My buddy has bailed me out on more then one occasion so I told him side it aside, I'll square it away next week. I ordered lower left side engine seal kits.... in fact I always order two kits. Because.. sometimes during installation.... things .. happens.... and that new seal is toast. I set the valves, cam chain, the advance weights were sluggish, the clutch cable dragged, the clutch side cover worm gear was dry as the Sahara, the drive chain had two hard spots. These were all addressed.... When it came time to do the counter sprocket seal and clutch push rod seal.. ( common complaint of Xs units ) I opened one of the kits and ... " really... ? ".. it had two shift shaft seals and no clutch push rod seal. Maybe the fellow filling the plastic bad that day had a bad night...one too many barley pops... or he knew I was going to get this particular bag and wanted to ruin my day. I opened the other kit and it was in proper order.
I got the bike squared away.... packed my tool box and told my bud... thanks, for helping not just me out over the years but many many others. We should acknowledge the folks that keep us on the road.. the craftsman.... he's more then just " the " welder.. he's more then just " the painter "... " the " electrical guy.... craftsman ..talented artisans in their field.

Back