HEY FELLOW AUSSIES SHOW US YOUR YAMAHA XS/TX 650's

KAMIKAZE PILOT

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Here are mine....It started life as a 1981 Special, very little of that left now.
1981 Yamaha XS650 Chopper 2 - Copy.jpg
1981 Yamaha XS650 Chopper 3 - Copy.JPG
1981 Yamaha XS650 Chopper 2 - Copy.jpg

A few more pictures.....There are still a few more little modifications I want to do to the Chopper such as a custom colourful paint job, also going to go with a different rear fender. The bike is running 8 inch over stock standard length fork tubes which has the engine dipping down a little at the front...So to fix the problem.....I'm looking for a set of 12 inch over fork tubes.
1981 Yamaha XS650 Chopper 9.JPG

1981 Yamaha XS650 Chopper 11.JPG

Last edited:
As I said in the first post of this thread.....The bike started life as a 1981 Special but when I bought it in the year 2000 for a mere sum of $350 after someone with very little idea on how to build a Chopper near destroyed it. I decided weather to restore it or turn it into a Chopper, as there were not many standard parts with it the Chopper idea won the day. I had done a compression test on the engine before I bought it and it put out 180 PSI on both cylinders....Below is a picture of what it looked like.
Yamaha XS650 1.jpg

Last edited:
The next step for me was to work out who I was going to get to modify the frame and rake the neck....I decided to go with Andrew at the Chopper Shed in Willunga on the Eastern side of Adelaide. Below are a few pictures of the modifications as they were being done.
pic 13.jpg
pic 35.jpg
pic 70.JPG
Yamaha XS650 4.jpg
Yamaha XS650 14.jpg

Back