Heyooo any north Houston area people here?

loosenoose

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I got my xs a few days ago. Looking for a few other dudes for the occasional ride, or that might be more familiar and could help steer me in the right direction whenever a problem arises.
I'm out in Montgomery, and I'm actually thinking about a ride out to Yankees right at this moment.

Attachments

• PXL_20220407_214703385.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220407_214703385.PORTRAIT.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 81
Houston refugee here. Funny to think of Montgomery as N Houston but I guess since Hwy. 1774 is becoming a freeway I guess it is. At one point way before the turn of the century I lived outside of Anderson. There are some great roads in and around the national forest. I guess 105 is not one of them any more. My son in law is the band director at Spring High School and they live in Montgomery so I get over that way once in a while.

Welcome to the forum.

Jack in the Hill Country.

I don't like to consider Montgomery anything to do with Houston 😂😂😂
It does help people get an idea where I'm at, I guess.
I work in college station a lot, and people ask where I'm from. I tell them Montgomery, and they usually say something like 'oh you're from Houston?' pssshhhhh! No!!?

I spent a lot of time (and money ) in College Station the last few years. My son graduated in 2020 and is now in San Marcos. I have a lot of miles in on Hwy 21.

A great ride is up 1774 to just short of Anderson and then east to Richards and back south on (I think) 149

I just did that yesterday. 1486 to Richards and continuing through Anderson and ending up at Yankees.
I lost one of my freaking mufflers halfway to Richards and the bike was sputtering. Bought the cheapest wrench in Anderson and took the other one off and threw it in a dumpster so it would run better 😂

How well do emgo reverse cone mufflers perform on these bikes? I'm now in the market for an affordable and quality replacement that actually muffles decently

San Marcos is a great ride from here through Comfort, Blanco and Wimberley. There are 3 of us on the western front that hang out and ride together. We should do a meet up in San Marcos sometime.

Last edited:
The consensus here is the Commando mufflers from the original Mike.

There used to be only one store in Anderson and they had great thick sliced bacon. Surprised you found tools there.

We love pictures here. A shot of your ride in front of the Grimes County courthouse would be lovely.

A parts house in Anderson. Cool. it was fewer than 200 people when I lived there. The road from Anderson to Gibbons Creek and then Bryan was one of my favorites when I lived there.

I would have loved that shot, too. Way too many cars and with the bike being so loud, I didn't want to wind up getting a ticket. It's not registered in my name yet, so I'm not trying to find too much trouble lol

This bike shakes a little. I just took it out for a quick ride down the street with my kids and saw that I not only lost my left muffler, but also my brake light and plate :/
Really now. Come on. I guess this is all part of the joys of taking over someone else's old bike.

Attachments

• PXL_20220409_155035607.jpg
    PXL_20220409_155035607.jpg
    691.3 KB · Views: 78
Yeah I'm doing that right now actually. I've got the next couple of days off, so I'm going over the bike. I've ordered a wire wheel set, and about to pull the trigger on a couple of new mufflers, a taillight/plate holder and a few other bits. Trying to make this bike more livable for frequent use

Just relocated to “north Houston” (actually Spring) a couple weeks ago. Had to sell my bike to pay for the move but will be searching for something in the relatively near future.

Nice! Spring is totally "Houston"
I'm out in Montgomery... It's "basically Houston", or so I'm told.
Good luck on the bike hunt. The market's been whack for a while, but it seems to be getting better recently.

Nice! Spring is totally "Houston"
I'm out in Montgomery... It's "basically Houston", or so I'm told.
Good luck on the bike hunt. The market's been whack for a while, but it seems to be getting better recently.
First things first. Gotta find a house. Right now me and the mrs are staying with our daughter in north Hampton. Nice area but a little spendy for us lol

Back