HHB Complete CDI system ignition timing

jpdevol

Hacker of Frames,Wires and other things
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
On your RH cam end is there another, empty, hole @ 12 O'clock?

XS1204

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
On your RH cam end is there another, empty, hole @ 12 O'clock?
No, just one hole.

I guess really I just need to know where the camshaft locating pin should be in relation to what cylinder is at TDC compression.

When I am at LH cylinder TDC compression stroke, the camshaft pin is facing down @ 6 o'clock

When I am at RH cylinder TDC compression stroke, the camshaft pin is facing up @ 12 o'clock

If this is ok, then we can put this to rest :) Thanks again!

jpdevol

Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm not remembering it that way. Hopefully someone else will come along and help:shrug:

Jim

Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
No, just one hole.

I guess really I just need to know where the camshaft locating pin should be in relation to what cylinder is at TDC compression.

When I am at LH cylinder TDC compression stroke, the camshaft pin is facing down @ 6 o'clock

When I am at RH cylinder TDC compression stroke, the camshaft pin is facing up @ 12 o'clock

If this is ok, then we can put this to rest :) Thanks again!
'K... just looked in my big bore stash. With the timing hash on the sprocket straight up... like where you time the cam during assembly, the hole in the right side is also straight up. Now, look at the lobes on the right side... they're down... away from the rockers. In other words, the right cylinder is TDC on compression stroke.
That what you have?

Cam Marks.png

jpdevol

Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
'K... just looked in my big bore stash. With the timing hash on the sprocket straight up... like where you time the cam during assembly, the hole in the right side is also straight up. Now, look at the lobes on the right side... they're down... away from the rockers. In other words, the right cylinder is TDC on compression stroke.
That what you have?

View attachment 234417
That's what was throwing me off:shrug:; the factory notch on the flange and the dowel pin are aligned

XS1204

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
That what you have?

View attachment 234417
Excellent. Thanks for sharing. I am all good 😊