HHB Complete CDI system ignition timing

On your RH cam end is there another, empty, hole @ 12 O'clock?

On your RH cam end is there another, empty, hole @ 12 O'clock?
No, just one hole.

I guess really I just need to know where the camshaft locating pin should be in relation to what cylinder is at TDC compression.

When I am at LH cylinder TDC compression stroke, the camshaft pin is facing down @ 6 o'clock

When I am at RH cylinder TDC compression stroke, the camshaft pin is facing up @ 12 o'clock

If this is ok, then we can put this to rest :) Thanks again!

Well, I'm not remembering it that way. Hopefully someone else will come along and help:shrug:

JP - reading through past threads it seems the pin will be pointing up when the Right cylinder is at TDC of Compression.
Regards - Ray.

No, just one hole.

I guess really I just need to know where the camshaft locating pin should be in relation to what cylinder is at TDC compression.

When I am at LH cylinder TDC compression stroke, the camshaft pin is facing down @ 6 o'clock

When I am at RH cylinder TDC compression stroke, the camshaft pin is facing up @ 12 o'clock

If this is ok, then we can put this to rest :) Thanks again!
'K... just looked in my big bore stash. With the timing hash on the sprocket straight up... like where you time the cam during assembly, the hole in the right side is also straight up. Now, look at the lobes on the right side... they're down... away from the rockers. In other words, the right cylinder is TDC on compression stroke.
That what you have?

Cam Marks.png

'K... just looked in my big bore stash. With the timing hash on the sprocket straight up... like where you time the cam during assembly, the hole in the right side is also straight up. Now, look at the lobes on the right side... they're down... away from the rockers. In other words, the right cylinder is TDC on compression stroke.
That what you have?

View attachment 234417
That's what was throwing me off:shrug:; the factory notch on the flange and the dowel pin are aligned

That what you have?

View attachment 234417
Excellent. Thanks for sharing. I am all good 😊

Back