Hi Guys---newbie here!

Barb

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I thought I would drop in and say hello. I hang out over on the 650Rider site, and heard about this site and it sounds neat. I ride a 1977 "D" Standard with a 1965 Spirit of America Sidecar---and work on a '79 Special, a T140v Triumph, four BSA singles (B44's), and an R80 BMW.

Ya might say I'm a bit of an addict.....but my granddaughters love Gramma's sidecar! I've been riding since the crust of the Earth was cooling, and the newest bike I've ever owned is the Beemer, a 1980.

Anyway, nice to be here--any familiar faces? :)

Barb

Hey barb,
welcome. I would love to see some pics if you get the chance.
Especially those BSA singles.
I know what you mean about being an addict, I think there are alot of those here on this forum.
Have fun and show us those bikes.
Tom

Sounds like a great collection. Welcome to the forum. I was just in NW wash for the Oyster run. We rode 33 lil chopper bobbers from everett to anacortes and back along the most scenic detours..lol Love to see those BSA's myself.

Hi Guys,

Thanks! As I think I mentioned, as soon as I figure out how to post pictures I'll stick a few up....sadly, I'm basically computer illiterate----I can work on Lucas electrics, but computers befuddle me....:doh:

Trex, I ride the Oyster Run every year, this last year on the '77 with the chair. Her name, by the way, is Jaelith, after a favorite witch in a book. The high point (?) this last September was getting a flat tire at Sharp's Corner. Happily, some Fix-a-flat kept me riding. Other times I've been pillion on a friend's H-D, and it's really comfy, but I prefer my own bike.

So---to post pictures, do I go to "Manage Attachments"? (I know, I know---women and electrics. But like I said, I can do Lucas...)

Barb

- i dont know how others do it but i host my pics on photobucket - when i want to post a pic i press the little square yellow icon with what looks to be mountains and a postage stamp that appears at the top when replying, a message appears that says 'please enter the url of your image' - i then delete the http bit and transfer the url script that is written in the direct link box of each photo into this and add resize to it [noparse]
[/noparse] this stops the picture from going off screen

...its actually easier to do it than to write about it

...others may have different methods but this works for me

- also yes -manage attachments- then -browse- go to -my pictures- choose your photo and add separately...these will appear as thumbnails if ive got it right...even i have managed to get it right once or twice this way

Hi INXS,

I'm in trouble---I got as far as the little yellow icon---and. Hmmmm? Photobucket? OK, I've heard of that. (Gulp..) Perhaps there is a way similar to a few other sites where you can just hit the "browse" button and then go to the computer file? (Hey, I said "computer file" just like a regular user...cool!)

Ask me about timing a K2F magneto--I can do that. Photobucket? Well, I know it exists, and people use it, and I should be able to use it also, but....aarrgg. I hate computers, mainly because I don't know how they work.

OK, I'm gonna figure this out now. I hope. (Stay out of the blast-zone, Guys, and listen for the screams.....) I'll start with :doh: ....and hopefully get through :wtf::banghead::wtf: ....and end up with :thumbsup:

We'll see. Thanks for the beginning, INXS. Gotta start somewhere, right?

Barb

Hi Guys,

OK, here goes attempt #1: my Canadian friend Terry and me, with his Enfield Smedley and my BSA, Gemini.

Attachments

• Terry, Smedley, Gemini and me.jpg
    Terry, Smedley, Gemini and me.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 249
- im all thumbs when it comes to computers :wtf: but i managed to sort it out eventually...i still have problems uploading youtube clips:doh:

- if you can handle lucas this will be a breeze

- i choose to use a web host like photobucket because for me, in the long run, its easier to keep track of the photos, organise them and use them...still i keep a copy in my computer as a backup:bike:

- A good friend is always there to bail you out of jail - a best friend is in the cell next to you saying "damn that was fun!"

Hey barb, glad you got it figured out. See it’s wasn’t that hard!

A detailed explanation on how to post pictures is long overdo, so I’ve created one: How to Post Pictures. This would probably also be a good read for the members that have been around awhile, since you might learn a new way (or better way) to do things. :thumbsup:

I was going to wait until we switch over to vBulletin 4.0 since some things will change a little bit (for the better), but I’ve decided to do it now and will change the instructions at the time of the upgrade.

Hey Barb, You're getting right handy with the picture posting. Took months to get one on the other site :wink2:

Hey Barb, You're getting right handy with the picture posting. Took months to get one on the other site :wink2:

Hi Guys,

Yep--I ripped out the BSA wiring harness from my fingers to my brain, and custom-wired it, and now I can figure out picture posting and quotes and all sorts of electrical goodies! :laugh:

I still can't seem to get the turn signals in my fingertips to work.....any advise on that?

This is a cool site--I like it here, but----aren't there any other women around? What's up with that? Over on Her-Motorcycle there are lots of us, but everywhere else seems deathly quiet. Odd, huh?:shrug:

Anyway, yeah! Pictures and everything......love it!

Barb

Hello Barb, good to see a couple of other lost souls stumbled their way to this site from the ruins of 650rider (thanks for the link weekendrider).

I agree, what I've seen so far here, I like! I wonder how many women there are with our beloved 650's? Not a lot I'd guess!

Anyway, I hope your not snowed under there & have a fantastic 2010, cheers.

Back